Search results

1. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Hi all, well our ten day vacation to port Hardy was excellent the fishing I couldn't say the same about.... We spent 5 days on the water out of ten and found two springs, no halis, one sockeye, one huge ling and a few rockfish. ... We went to many areas but didn't chase the guides we perhaps...
  2. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Hi I've been Hardy for just over a week and spent just about 4 full days on the water only managed two springs at duval one 20 and other 22 on anchovies at 100ft. Ran to Cape sutil tried for hali and no love... Wondering if anybody could point me in the right location for some Hali and ling...
  3. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Imo should never fish the west coast without the white and brown turd as a part of your tackle. .. They both seem to produce every time...
  4. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Was out today all day from 11 on till 5 nothing not a sniff ... Tried everything at all depths... Maybe the tides got it gone quiet
  5. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Ucluelet Reports

Was out today with three buddies. .. Intentions were hali... Didn't get there till 8 and headed to long Beach usual good spot for anchor... Got three springs one about 16 one about 12 and smaller 9 pound then anchored at 11am for hali... Sat on peak till 300 pm no luck decided to pull up and...
  6. Newfieslayer1978

Was out yeaterday from 2-5 with wife and little girl managed one keeper on bottom on chovie and got 6 other coho to boat with a successful release both riggers at 195/220 on the 200 contour line can't seem to find a 20 yet ...chovie and Irish cream or splatter back hoochie
  7. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Ucluelet Reports

Hi guys, was wondering if people have been fishing much over there yet and how the success rate has been. .. I'm sure there most be a few fish around and some flattys coming in... Won't be over there untill mid June would think so salmon should be showing up by then. .. Thanks in advance!!
  8. Newfieslayer1978

Fished from 8 until 1230 this morning and we'll Ir was slow had 3 undersized and will one big something that broke us off after about 5 mins of reeling then just before pulling the gear managed a 14 lb on Irish cream seemed like it has slowed down compared to last week. .. Fishing from 180/250...
  9. Newfieslayer1978

Great info I don't usually go by gps speed I usually go by the angle of the rigger line which I try to keep around 45/50 degrees. I did manage to get into fish today lost three which I believe one was a Hali and the other two bigger salmon I managed to box q wild 12 pound on chovie... But chovie...
  10. Newfieslayer1978

Thanks guys, I'm out on water on front of French Creek now... Not a sniff yet using chovies and we'll homeland security tried mother a pearl nothing ....
  11. Newfieslayer1978

Hi guys, thinking about heading out this morning been wondering if anyone has been over to sangster for a try and will if it's worth the run or should just stay out front... Thanks in advance ..
  12. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Ucluelet Reports

Thanks for the info... Once the wind drops out I'll give it a try ...
  13. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Ucluelet Reports

I've tried multiple times in the sound and all I ever hooked was rock piles lol... Never have I seen a Hali caught in the sound I guess ya just need to know the area better...
  14. Newfieslayer1978

2018 Ucluelet Reports

Hi guys I usually don't come over to the west coast untill June. Was wondering how far out a guy needs to go this time of year for a Hali... Is there any truth that a person can possibly puck them up as close as 2/3 miles off the shoreline... Was thinking of coming over and giving a try. ..
  15. Newfieslayer1978

Welll it may have been the full moon... But all in all there has to be a few fish around... I know a few of my buddies were picking up some high teens off hornby. .you would think those fish would be around out front aswell.. Perhaps give another kick at the can tommorow if the wind stays...
  16. Newfieslayer1978

Well spent 4 hours out there this morning all depths from 160 to bottom spoons and chovies not a sniff. ..
  17. Newfieslayer1978

2017 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

We found the same we had a tough go yeaterday got a cpl 12s at outside lighthouse decided to head to big bank never got there till 1 and only got 1 coho tried for hali and nothing... Went back and limited quick this morning at lighthouse biggest at 19 then went to starfish and tried for hali...
  18. Newfieslayer1978

2017 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Guys it was on like donkey Kong today at Austin... And Cree we were tabbed out within 2/3 hours and was off to bottom feeders were there was the same result... Beauty day on the water... For us any depth any lure/hoochie/anything of choice
  19. Newfieslayer1978

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I didn't put it on the scale but to my experience and knowledge I would have to say between 18/20 pounder... What a fight he was jumping and everything...
  20. Newfieslayer1978

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Well got yesterday evening about 6 and fishing by 615 soon as I put first rod down off it goes what a fight but ended up with a long line release... Hooked at 150ft right outside entrance on the homeland security... Trolled then all the way to upper humps not a sniff decided to move out to 250...
Back