Search results

1. Stosh

Striper 2100 cc do I buy it, I’m a beginner , and newbie?

I ran a 2000 Striper 21cc with a 200 Honda on it for 18 years. I live on Vancouver Island and often fished out of Bamfield running 25 miles offshore in July/August. It was a great boat and never let me down. I have also fished in the Sea of Cortez on other boats and wouldn’t have a problem in...
  2. Stosh

Vacation in British Columbia/ Alberta - some kindly questions

Lukas I’m an old retired guy who was lucky enough to fish in many parts of the world. If I travelled alone or with another fisherman, I would go fishing wherever possible. I would almost always hire a guide so as not to waste too much time learning the rules etc. However, if I travelled with my...
  3. Stosh

Your favorite Spoons

156, 602 and 140 tubbies were my favourite plugs. Cop car, plus white or green a white hootchies. Enjoy Stosh
  4. Stosh

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Many years ago, a guy rides a bicycle into a boatyard on Mitchell Island and signs a deal for the construction of a 90 foot boat! Never judge a book by the cover. Over dressing can make you overpay! Stosh
  5. Stosh

What's for dinner tonight ?

I marinated a piece of spring in soy sauce, maple syrup, mirin and Dash lemon pepper. Cooked on a cedar plank in an air fryer ( first time using the plank). Served it with 3 cheese tortellini covered with Pesto sauce. Turned out great - the boss said she loved it! Stosh
  6. Stosh

BC Assessments are Out Now

In View Royal, some are up 2/3% some are down 2/3% on average ~ unless you are on the water, then you‘re up 10%. I’m sure there will be many appeals Stosh
  7. Stosh

Cuts of meat on sale

I bought the family size - thicker and even less expensive @$49.75 per kg less the scene card discount! Thanks for the tip Stosh
  8. Stosh

What's For Breakfast This Morning :)

Back home ~ that’s Diamond Head in the background, not the Malahat!
  9. Stosh

What's For Breakfast This Morning :)

Life Is tough when you have to substitute papayas for bananas, eh!
  10. Stosh

Old Skullcap.....Redux....

Hey Amigo Thanks very much for sharing this wonderful part of your life. I‘m of the opinion that once salmon enter freshwater they should be left alone to complete there important work. Have a great Christmas Season Stay well Stosh
  11. Stosh

You missed out napping and sleeping!
  12. Stosh

You are eating way too well in Hawai!
  13. Stosh

Doug You are making me drool! Say hi to D. Stosh
  14. Stosh

Sooke to beachy head - Cell coverage with new towers - Fido Vs Telus/Bell (koodo/Virgin plus)

I’ve used Petro Canada mobility (now Good to Go) for over 20 years (using Rogers towers). I get service all the way to Jordan River. Best of all, you never get a surprise bill for US service. You need your own unlocked phone. Stosh
  15. Stosh

What do you call those cleats?

Skene chocks
  16. Stosh

What deck boots is everyone wearing?

Xtratuff with neoprene liner, so comfortable I hike in them in the rainy winter weather. Stosh
  17. Stosh

What to do with white spring

I know get my whites candied. Great for sushi rolls!
  18. Stosh

Need a hand with salmon trolling

Going out with a guide is the best advice . I’ve been salmon fishing for 45+ years and still learning things. Just the other day Doug from D&D showed me the right way to insert the treble hook into the back of an Anchovy ~ welded hook goes into the bait fish, so the eye of the hook lays flat...
  19. Stosh

Jimmy Buffet

He is one of my favourite writers. The guy did it all! RIP Jimmy Stosh
  20. Stosh

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Here’s one that didn’t get away while fishing with Doug and Fred today.
Back