Search results

1. turbomack

Driving an EV pickup

Epiroc has this going on with there underground scooptrams and haul trucks, batteries up to 576 kwh capacity. It works well for continuous operation of the equipment underground and in pits.
  2. turbomack

Trailer brake rebuild time

I ran electric brakes on my 13,000 pound tandem boat trailer for years. I rinsed with fresh water immediately after every submergence , they take a bit of love to maintain but I found them to be a completely workable system.
  3. turbomack

Outboard motor spacing

I hung my pair of Suzuki 140s at 26" as the manual recommended this as minimum spacing. If I was doing it again I might spread them apart a bit more as it's pretty cozy working on the insides of the engines.
  4. turbomack

Motor Oil Inquiry

I have been running Ecstar V7000 in my pair of 140s for 400 hours but will probably be switching to yamalube non synthetic as i can get it locally and doubt there is much benefit of running the suzuki semisynthetic.
  5. turbomack

someone imported a toy

Will be an awesome running offshore boat after a little renovation.
  6. turbomack

Tahsis ouch!!

If I woke up to a 97db backup alarm at the dock I might go over and scuttle the craft myself to restore the peace. Just saying
  7. turbomack

New boat build - 40 foot catamaran for end of 2022 delivery.

Don't forget to buy yourself a sextant and learn how to use it.
  8. turbomack

Driving an EV pickup

I haven't heard any talk about construction of any new reactors yet but with all the "free" heat pumps the grid will be keeping pretty warm. I see uranium prices are starting to climb and Nuclear will be the obvious choice to keep us on this path of electric dependence. There are at least 6...
  9. turbomack

Running Outboard on Flush Connection

the impellor is driven by a key on the drive shaft. no amount of water pressure or flow is going to make the impellor spin faster than the shaft. I would stop talking to whoever dropped this turd of bad information on you.
  10. turbomack

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

A few past and present sporty toys
  11. turbomack

Trailer Bolt Replacement

You pretty much are the research. Ask yourself why you are replacing the fasteners on your trailer, those galvanized bolts are what some people refer to as cheese bolts. They are known for low tensile strength and short life in a marine environment. To me, stainless hardware is the only way to...
  12. turbomack

Interior Cleaners

I just use dish soap and a scrub brush, a little shot of Pine Sol through the bilge seems to keep it fresh.
  13. turbomack

Just ordered a Stabicraft 2050 Super Cab with 150HP Yamaha Outboard.

tongue weight scales are available on Amazon and are an excellent tool for making towing safer. I am pretty sure you will be moving the boat back to get to your target of 300-350 lbs. tongue weight. I think around 10% of trailer gross is a reasonable target to put on the tow vehicle. With a...
  14. turbomack

Old boat trim tab hydraulic issue

It's hydraulic to lower the tab and spring to return it to the up position. There is only one hose per cylinder. Mechanical resistance in the hinge might be slowing it's return, once the boat is in the water and moving the water will return it to it's up position quickly, The rubber component of...
  15. turbomack

I Believe In Pod

you could buy a few smallblock Chevies for 80k
  16. turbomack

Driving an EV pickup

Do you have to get a rider on your home insurance for charging/parking the truck in the garage ?
  17. turbomack

Floor Drains - slow draining / replacement?

I think it's worth having a fast effective way to get water off your deck and to your pumps. My current boat has 2 3" deck drains to bilge area. In the event of taking a large volume of water onto your deck from a standing wave or other abnormality getting it to the pump quickly is key to...
  18. turbomack

9.9 yamaha shift rod adjustment

adjust where the cable goes to the shifter rod inside the cowl by the throttle linkage.
  19. turbomack

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

As a fellow tax payer, I almost feel proud to be partners in your EV purchase.
Back