Search results

1. Bordeau

Alarm in rough seas

It happened once last year and again this season. My 16ft Double Eagle is riding up and down the white cap waves and the engine alarm sounds on the 2004 60hp Mercury. At that time, I notice that the water pressure gage is not as stable as usual. It fluctuates from 5 to 20 psi. On flat waters...
  2. Bordeau

2 stroke oil + fuel for $125

I upgraded to a 4 stroke engine, need to sell my left over fuel at a good price. 1 gallons of 2 stroke oil Yamalube unopened 1 gallons of 2 stroke oil XPS Marine Evinrude-Johnson XD50 full 25 liters of premium fuel with premixed oil 1-50 ratio ready to go Save up to $50 Bring your fuel...
  3. Bordeau

remote control needed

I am looking to install a 2004 Mercury 60hp 60ELPTEFI outboard on my 16f Double Eagle. I need a right side mount remote control box for power trim models with choke and built-in warning horn. Plus 15 ft.(4.58 m) harness assembly with 8 pin connector part number 84-8166 25A20 16 to 18 feet...
  4. Bordeau

rolling cables

My present set up, I use 13 feet of throttle and gear cables. When steering, the cables moves from fully stretched to back in the wing of the boat. I am up grading and the engine is currently set up as in picture. I like the idea that the cables are long enough to roll while steering. In the...
  5. Bordeau

2 stroke firing in reverse order

I have completed a rebuilt of a 60hp Envinrude 1988 model # E60ELCCR and I am puzzled. The engine starts but backfires and runs only on cylinder 2. When I disconnect spark plug #1 and 3, no change in RPM or the way it runs. The timing light shows cylinder #2 firing at the correct time. I am...
  6. Bordeau

Lingcod: how big is too big?

A friend caught a 30lbs lingcod and I was explaining that this is a productive egg laying female and should have been release. The flesh is also not as tasty as smaller one. The following site suggest a maximum of 34in (86cm) was once part of the regulation...
  7. Bordeau

wanted: repair manual for 1988 Evinrude 60hp 3 cylinders

emanualonline only has the 2 cylinder manual. Some of the specs are not the same. If you have a copy, please let me know. I need to fix the ignition.
  8. Bordeau

wanted: 90hp 4 strokes

for a 16ft Double Eagle
  9. Bordeau

Chums in Brown’s Bay

Any report?
  10. Bordeau

Would 9.9 be too big for my boat

I have a 16 ft Double Eagle with a 8hp 2 stroke. I need to up grade to a kicker with battery charger. Would 9.9hp 2 stroke be too heavy for my boat?
  11. Bordeau

Bioluminescence

Does anyone knows if or where the phytoplankton light up this year?
Back