Search results

1. S

NMEA 0183 question

I recently took the time to replace a non functioning vhf on the bridge and to add a second chartplotter station. While I was at it, I decided to crest a NMEA o183 network so that position data shows up on the vhf screen and DSC data shows up on chartplotter screen. After a fair bit of...
  2. S

Chasing a gremlin.

Lowrance HDS Carbon 9, about 2 years since I bought and installed aug 2018. Seems to work fine the year it was installed, second year we only used the boat a couple times due to engine rebuild. Late tHe second year, the couple times we got out, it started to act up. This summer I’ve been...
  3. S

Inboard single function vs dual function controls

I understand that most, if not all outboards use dual function controls, a single lever that controls the throttle as well as the gearbox in the outboard engine. Up until today, I thought that all inboard or stern drive engines had single function controls, a single lever for the throttle and...
  4. S

Evinrude 130hp outboard for sale

1996 Evinrude 130Hp 2 stroke outboard motor. This was on a boat I just purchased, but I already had a 4 stroke that I wanted on the boat, so this is up for sale. I purchased from a reputable marine mechanic at his place of business, Compression is good and even. I ran it 3 times on the boat...
  5. S

Double Eagle Fuel tank set up?

I have a Double Eagle 176, and it's time to replace the portable fuel tanks. Previous owner had a 12g and 2-6g tanks sitting under the splash well. Unfortunately it seems like the 12g tank has been discontinued, so hunting for alternatives to maintain or increase my fuel capacity. Area under...
Back