Search results

1. S

Stern Tying when anchoring set-ups -Shoreline reels (made in North Vancouver)

Those are nice set ups, but usually a bit short for there and back ties. How do you secure it to your boat? Doesnt seem like it would work on a cleat.
  2. S

NMEA 0183 question

Interesting, I will look at the GPS refresh rates. Yes, both those pics were taken while tied up. I have not had the chance to take the boat out on the water with the new set up yet. Cheers.
  3. S

NMEA 0183 question

Icom M-504 and Lowrance HDS 9 carbon.
  4. S

NMEA 0183 question

The only location data going to the vhf is from the chartplotter, so aren’t they both using the heading sensor (gos?) from the chartplotter?
  5. S

NMEA 0183 question

Good question. I will read up on this tonight and check tomorrow when I am at the boat. Cheers.
  6. S

NMEA 0183 question

Thanks RGS for pointing out that those numbers are decimal minutes, not seconds. Good to know that the wiring is correct, I had assumed that only one configuration would result in data showing in vhf, so good to have that confirmed. I will look into the datum offset you mentioned, that seems...
  7. S

NMEA 0183 question

I recently took the time to replace a non functioning vhf on the bridge and to add a second chartplotter station. While I was at it, I decided to crest a NMEA o183 network so that position data shows up on the vhf screen and DSC data shows up on chartplotter screen. After a fair bit of...
  8. S

Floating Docks

Wouldn’t a random dock anchored in an unexpected location without appropriate lights be considered a Hazard to Navigation?
  9. S

Suzuki DF 2.5 hp 4 stroke Sold please delete

Are you in Abbotsford or elsewhere?
  10. S

Chasing a gremlin.

Well, after much troubleshooting and several trips to Lordco, I gave up and moved on to the next job, replacing house batteries. It turns out the Lowrance unit is very sensitive to weak batteries. After new batteries were in, the unit seems to function properly. Thanks all for the comments...
  11. S

Chasing a gremlin.

Lowrance HDS Carbon 9, about 2 years since I bought and installed aug 2018. Seems to work fine the year it was installed, second year we only used the boat a couple times due to engine rebuild. Late tHe second year, the couple times we got out, it started to act up. This summer I’ve been...
  12. S

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Interior layout identical to Tolly 26, but there are some exterior differences. Bow entry seems to be a bit shallower, bridge has a slightly different shape.
  13. S

Boat Handling Suggestions.

You got that right! We have a single v drive and we tie up stern to the inflow wind. If I know I’m going to go out anytime other than first thing in the morning, I’ll go down early and move the boat to an easier slip to depart from, otherwise we are not getting out without getting blown into...
  14. S

Commander 30 for sale

Wolf Pack? I wondered what happened with that one, he had it showing as ‘sale pending’ for a while, but that tag has now been removed from Yachtworld listing. I will call Ken, thanks.
  15. S

Commander 30 for sale

A little more than we are looking to spend, but may be interested if it’s in excellent condition and you are serious about it. PM me your contact info.
  16. S

Commander 30 for sale

Did your buddies boat sell? I am looking.
  17. S

Inboard single function vs dual function controls

Thanks Wescan, good to know. I was surprised to see outboard type dual function controls on a Volvo powered stern drive that I am interested in.
  18. S

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? I would love some input.
  19. S

Single function being the typical inboard control, correct? I would have thought the opposite would be better as the dual function controls typically found on outboards decrease the throttle and go through neutral as you move the lever aft. The single function controls on inboards would be...
Back