Search results

1. BigBird007

Kicker Throttle Control options!

Looking for a second station to control the throttle on my Yamaha 9.9. I have a throttle box in the front and would like to leave it up there but would like some kind of throttle control at the back with my second helm. What are my options? Thanks in advance! BB
  2. BigBird007

Caning Machine (Master Sealer)

I am not sure how this works but from a bit of googling it looks like it has all the pieces and some spares. Amazon seems to think it’s worth crazy money! It came from a family members estate a few years ago. I thought I would use it but that’s not going to happen. In Victoria make me an offer!
  3. BigBird007

Sea Foam $7.99

Anyone in the Victoria area looking to stock up on Sea Foam, Napa Victoria has it on sale for $7.99 a tin today.
  4. BigBird007

Sunbrella or stop Gun

Does anyone know a place local to Victoria that sells Sunbrella or Top gun boat top material by the yard?
  5. BigBird007

20’ Double Eagle Little Side Windows

Where are guys getting windows to replace the little side windows in a mid 90’s 20’ Double Eagle? Looking for quality and willing to do a bit of modifications to make something of quality fit. Cheers BB
  6. BigBird007

Islander MR3 Combos for sale

Two Islander MR3’s with Fenwick 10’6 HMX Rods. $650 each or $1200 for the set. One cork is a little beat up from a rod holder other than that in great shape. I have had these set aside for spares just in case but it’s time to free up some space. In Victoria but making a trip to Langley Nov 1-3
  7. BigBird007

Wanted 225 or 250 outboard

Wondering if anyone has a lead on a used 225 or 250 hp outboard for sale? Prefer a 4 stroke but would look at an etec if it was priced right. I have been waiting 2.5 for parts to put my F225 back together. The dealer can’t give me a solid delivery date they just keep pushing it back every two...
  8. BigBird007

Replace the cork on two rods (Victoria)

Does anyone know of someone that replaces cork on rods in Victoria? It was my winter plan to do it myself but my todo list is out of control and this isn’t even on the list at the moment unfortunately. BB
  9. BigBird007

2004 F225 Exhaust Corrosion

Lots of talk about older Yamaha F225 motors having exhaust corrosion issues so I thought I would share a few pictures for anyone looking to buy or has one that hasn't been updated. It’s a 2004 with roughly 600 hours on it. I bought it a few years ago from a dealer that had no records of the...
  10. BigBird007

Lowrance DrivePilot

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations/tips on a location when installing the Auto/Stby button that comes with the Lowrance DrivePilot? How often do you use it? Thanks
  11. BigBird007

Simrad VS Lowrance

Trying to decide between these two head units Simrad GO9 XSE or a Lowrance Elite FS 9 They both will work with my current 3G radar. I am also going to add the hydraulic auto pilot at the same time. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  12. BigBird007

Lowrance Elite TI + 3g

Does anyone know if a Lowrance Elite TI will work with my current 3G radar dome? I might stay up and see if I can snag this at midnight!
  13. BigBird007

Best Hali Reel!

Finally caught a Hali now I think I need a better reel . What are the go to higher end Hali reels?
  14. BigBird007

Any experience with Général Components Heaters?

Does anyone have any experience with the General Components Diesal heaters Sherwood Marine sells? Apparently they put them in all the new boats sold. $1039 for the 2200 kit and they have them in stock. https://generalcomponents.ca/product/bison-2200a-bunk-air-heater/ Thanks
  15. BigBird007

Travel Trailer Moved?

Lots of good advice and contacts on this group so I thought I would ask. Looking to get a travel trailer moved from Red Deer to Campbell River. Fairly new 28’ travel trailer. Any contacts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  16. BigBird007

Windy App Question?

Those using the Windy app, what is the difference between the 5 forecast options at the bottom of the page? What is the most accurate? Thanks!
  17. BigBird007

Best source for Current Charts?

What is the best place to get current charts for the Victoria/ Sooke area? Preferable in a graph form would be ideal. Is the Navionics+ worth the $30 to get current predictions? Many thanks in advance✌️
  18. BigBird007

New VHF Radio

What does everyone recommend for a budget friendly VHF radio?
  19. BigBird007

ISO Mercruiser Alignment Bar

Hello, Before I go buy a new one does anyone in the Victoria area have a Mercruiser alignment bar they are looking to sell? Thanks
  20. BigBird007

Marine Carpet in Victoria

Is Marine carpet a thing? If so where would a guy go buy some in Victoria? If not what would be a suitable carpet or lining to use inside my cudy? Thanks
Back