Search results

1. Bruce Lee

Departure Bay Pinks

Has anyone seen Pinks in Departure Bay or at the mouth of the Millstone yet? I'd like to get the kids fishing. Thanks BL
  2. Bruce Lee

Area 1 Freshwater Regs Online

AM I looking in the wrong place, or Is anyone else noticing some significant changes on the new DFO web site? link - http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region1-eng.html Things like - No opening for Chum in the Little Qualicum river Adult Coho opening in the Nanaimo river...
  3. Bruce Lee

Tangled lines....

Question for the group - Fishing out in front of Nanaimo this year, getting line tangles behind the down rigger which I have never before with same set up. 12 lb finned pancake style cannonballs, steel cable on electric Scottys. Been using flasher with 4 to 5 ft leader and spoons. Tried the...
  4. Bruce Lee

Chum around Nanaimo

Anyone ever have luck fishing for Chum out in front of Nanaimo. I seem to recall someone telling me they caught some mid October on spoons around the Fingers. Will be heading up to Browns Bay for the derby but would be great to get some locally as well. Thanks BL
  5. Bruce Lee

Best Motion Sickness Meds

Hi All, Heading out to Tahsis tomorrow, and weather permitting on a tuna run Mon/Tues/Wed. Never been far offshore before, and insight into sea-sickness meds? I used to get sick on the ECVI, don't anymore no matter what the seas are like. So I may be OK but don;t want to F up the trip...
  6. Bruce Lee

DOF clear your inbox

DOF clear your inbox, it's full!
  7. Bruce Lee

Stella Lakes

Has anyone fished Stella Lakes? I have read there are Cutties, Rainbows, Dollies and the odd kokanee. Just wanted to know if you had any success there and what was working? Cheers BL
  8. Bruce Lee

Sockeye Article - Thank you to Ian Barker

I just completed an article for BC Outdoors Sportfishing about sockeye fishing in Port Alberni.(summer 2012 issue) Ian Barker(The Rambling Fisherman) was kind enough to let me use a great photo of his for the story. It appears twice in the magazine and unfortunately his name was not credited...
Back