Search results

1. Ruff

WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

The Sea Sport 3200 is the only boat I would consider upgrading to from a Commander 30. I seriously looked for one before pulling the trigger on our 30. They are pretty hard to find though unless you order new and then you'd blow your budget before getting started. Gimme a shout RC if you decide...
  2. Ruff

Kitimat to Bella Coola fishing/cruising trip.

Hi Folks. I'm taking the family on a 7 day adventure from Kitimat to Bella Coola the first week of August. We are on our 30ft Commander. My folks will be meeting us in Bella Coola and taking the boat back north. Just wondering if anyone has any points of interest they are willing to share...
  3. Ruff

Kitimat to Bella Coola

Jesus. Sorry to hear that. I don't typically fuel up at Hartley but they have said they are open for fuel on weekdays. You are not allowed to stay on the dock or get off your boat other than to fuel but apparently you can get fuel. Anyone know if Shearwater is open?
  4. Ruff

Kitimat to Bella Coola

Hi Folks Wondering if there is any info on fuel stops this summer? Hartley Bay is open for fuel Monday-Friday so I'm hoping places like Klemtu and Bella Bella will be open for fuel. Just wanted to see if anyone had any info before I make the trip in August.
  5. Ruff

SeaWise manual davit system. 9ft RIB w/9.9 merc kicker. $5,500

Here are some pics. More available upon request.
  6. Ruff

SeaWise manual davit system. 9ft RIB w/9.9 merc kicker. $5,500

All in great shape. System works awsome. Just a little heavy for my folks to move around on their own so going with something a bit lighter. In Smithers but can arrange delivery. (Pending travel restrictions).
  7. Ruff

Flashers to cannon ball?

I fish dummy flashers off the ball exclusively. No need to fight a flasher when hooked up. Scotty makes a pre-rigged dummer flasher line but it's too long. Line should be no more than 36inch at the most and run a scotty snubber to the ball. Connect your clip to the top of the snubber to get...
  8. Ruff

fishing expenses and when are you considered a guide

If you are taking friends and you are all splitting costs then you are golden. I do a few guys trips every year and costs are split between all guys on the boat(including me). If guys dont want to contribute to expenses then they dont come on the boat. The way I see it, as long as your not...
  9. Ruff

All Things COVID-19

Anyone know how the covid situation that we find ourselves in has affected the Alaska commercial fishery? Are they still fishing? Is anyone? Ruff
  10. Ruff

How many anchors on board?

:D:D:D wait till you have a couple more kids, you'll see...;)
  11. Ruff

How many anchors on board?

When I bought my boat, it had 2 full anchor setups on board. One is run through the windlass and the other is stowed in the floor locker in the cabin. We spend 20-30 nights on the boat and anchor all the time but are never more than an hours run from a dock we can tie up to. Keep the spare...
  12. Ruff

Research suggests DFO worsened impact of salmon fishery crisis

"Its all the governments fault, now give us some money!" is all I get out of reading this post. Dont get me wrong, I empathize with these commercial fishermen who are losing their livelihoods but unfortunately they are operating in a resource sector that has good years and bad. Every logger...
  13. Ruff

Big Coast Episodes

It's one of my favorites as they travel up and down the coast and check out spots that are not covered on other fishing shows. Not alot of other shows will make it north of the central coast so seeing these guys up in my neck of the woods is great. I've met Tim a couple of times on the dock at...
  14. Ruff

Big Coast Episodes

Curious if anyone knows where a guy could find episodes of Big Coast. My TV provider dosent offer WFN. I've seen the few clips that are on YouTube but more interested in full episodes. thanks in advance
  15. Ruff

Seawise davit system, 10ft RIB, 9.9 Merc

Putting my seawise davit system up for sale. works amazing. I put it on so my father could handle launching the tender on his own but he has since decided that the boat is a little more than he wants to run on his own. I'm going back to my old Weaver davits and lighter tender. Bought it for...
  16. Ruff

Saltwater Spinning Reels

I've got 4 light spinning rod/reel combos loaded up at all times when I'm out with the kids. I've got 3 kids, the youngest being just under 4 and they can all use them with no difficulty. there was a little bit of a learning curve, especially for the little guy but it didn't take long before...
  17. Ruff

Brad's Super Bait Cut Plug and Mini Cut Plug

My neighbour fishes out of Rupert all summer and swears by these things. I mean pretty much uses them exclusively. He's a pretty fishy dude and always comes home with a boat full. He did mention that you need to load the trap door up with either a herring strip or some scent. personally I've...
  18. Ruff

Fish Bonker

I bought my father in law a Peetz bonker for xmas last year and then my folks got me a personalized West coast thumper. Both are heavy but short enough and give a very satisfying *thwack* when getting the job done. Both also locally made.
  19. Ruff

Pro Release

Once you get the hang of it, setup dosent take any longer than hooking up a scotty. I am stoked to use it as there is no need for a mono top shot when running braid and thus no jamming on the knot when fighting a fish. Also less chance of a false release on the drop. These clips need horizontal...
  20. Ruff

Pro Release

Pretty stoked on some new gear I just got in the mail. I used these release clips about 15 years ago on a charter and have not seen them since...until now!! These clips are great as you dont need a mono top shot when running braid. A couple of wraps around the spindle and you are good to go...
Back