Search results

1. R

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Slow for us at sandheads. Switched to sockeye and picked one up right away, but has slowed down again. One other small chinook released
  2. R

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Thanks! Looking to upgrade to more of a cruiser for the family. But I’ll be sure to have downriggers on it whatever we find!
  3. R

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Hi. I've listed my 220wa striper. It is in really good shape and is setup nicely for fishing and the 22' is a good all around size. She's moored in West Vancouver, I would be open to reassigning the moorage if that made sense for the buyer...
  4. R

Planar heater install

Would also like to see some pictures on how /where others installed the heater unit and fuel tank. I am planning on installing a D2 in the cuddy of my boat, 23’ striper
  5. R

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished solo for 2 hrs at Gambier harbour. 3 fish to the boat all just under sized. 180 - 210’ with skinny Gs (outfitter) Others were also catching fish around me. Hopefully we’ll see some larger fish soon. Beautiful day on the water nonetheless!
  6. R

185 Double Eagle For Sale

2000 Double Eagle 185 Suzuki DF140 - Purchased in 2017 still has 3 years of warranty +/- 250hrs 2019 Yamaha T9.9 - electric start and tilt +/- 20hrs Very Clean Boat, hull is in great shape, always stored indoors during the winter and on a trailer in the summer. Well maintained and looked...
  7. R

Kyuquot bound this summer?

I have never had a problem leaving the boat at Fair Harbour overnight. Been camping and fishing out of there for 6 years and always had a good experience.
  8. R

Suzuki 140

I have a 140 on my DE 185 and it is a perfect match for that boat. Lots of power and very economical. I would certainly recommend the motor to anyone.
  9. R

A COVID Chuckle

10. R

Silver Streak “Gambier”

Does anyone have any feedback on the 21’ Bowen? I am curious about how it handles in bigger seas and chop.
  11. R

2007 suzuki DF250 xxl

Prop is 16" diameter x 19deg pitch Stainless. Also has a Doel-Fin on the outboard.
  12. R

2007 suzuki DF250 xxl

This listing on Craigslist says $7,500 and its located in Gibsons. He is also a buddy of mine and the motor came off of a 23' Hydra Sports WA (basically a clone of 23 GW Gulfstream with a 9' beam). He put a 300 Merc on it.
  13. R

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Undersize spring at north arm, not much action right now
  14. R

looking for a new bbq

Big Green Egg! They are amazing and very versatile. Steaks at 600f or low and slow at 250 pulled pork or ribs. I switched 4 years ago and won’t go back. They are very simple so there is nothing that can really wear out so they have a good warranty. A bag of charcoal costs and lasts about the...
  15. R

BLACK MR3

Interested. Will send you a PM for details
  16. R

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished roger curtis for a few hours this morning.. 4 fish, all undersize. Anyone having any luck out there today?
  17. R

Vancouver Trap Theft/Raid Insantity 2017 Thread.

Mid April North west Bowen island Crab Traps raided and dropped about 100m from where I set them and weights set at different points on the rope than I always set them. I had caught over 8 keepers the day before in the same spot and the traps had been soaking for over 6hrs Large 38' boat with...
  18. R

Was tough to get a good photo as they were running at 30mph. Name on the boat was LunaSea
  19. R

I had the exact same thing happen to me on Sunday near Hutt Island. Traps pulled, emptied and relocated about 100m from where i set them. As i approached, i knew something was up and headed to talk to the boat that just left the area. They were definitely out to steal crabs as they had a large...
  20. R

Trapping Octopus?

I have also caught them in my prawn traps. I cook them up and eat them. Boil for 45mins then marinate in olive oil, lemon, oregano for 30mins and then throw them on the BBQ for a minutes a side to sear it up. I always wondered if there was a way to target and catch them, so i'd be keen to hear...
Back