Search results

1. BananasQ

High Tech Jigging

WRT to the finding the bait balls - I have been doing this, but not finding fish feeding on them. I think my area is tougher (Sechelt Inlet, very few salmon) - if you are not marking Salmon above the school do you go try find another one?
  2. BananasQ

High Tech Jigging

Have given this technique a couple of goes now - what's been interesting to me is that i have had zero success with the flatfall jigs, but the Mac Deep has smashed it. Unsure if I am doing something "wrong" with the flatfalls, but the Mac Deep will remain my go-to for the time being.
  3. BananasQ

Benefits of Garmin Clearvu vs "Traditional" sonar view

So, bit of a newbie here. Finally got a finder on my 12' boat and was out on the prowl jigging for springs. I have a Garmin 4CV vivid and was running it in Traditional and Clearvu mode, fish alarm on but otherwise out of the box settings with I the stock GT20 transducer. Clearvu didn't give me...
  4. BananasQ

Sechelt Inlet Crabbing?

Inlet has been pretty dead for past 5 years or so - hopefully it will come back at some point but from a couple of test sets done this year, we are not even getting any undersized. Davis Bay seems to be remaining strong.
  5. BananasQ

High Tech Jigging

Thanks - will plan on going for this then. :)
  6. BananasQ

High Tech Jigging

I'm looking to get my 12ft boat rigged for jigging up on the sunshine coast in 2022 - will be perfect for me and the youngest. For fish finders, any reason why a Garmin STRIKER Plus 4cv Fishfinder with GT20-TM Transducer wouldnt be up to the task for this? TIA
  7. BananasQ

Favourite picture from 2021 salmon season

Well, maybe not as chrome as I would have liked, but my youngest kids first salmon meant the world to her, which meant the world to me. Casted, hooked and landed all by herself - got myself a good fishing buddy for many years to come. Loving this thread - great pics everyone!
  8. BananasQ

Prawning in Red Tide

Thanks chaps!
  9. BananasQ

Prawning in Red Tide

Did a quick search, and couldnt find anything on this, but I was planning on trying some late season prawning in Sechelt Inlet but we have just been hit by red tide. I assume that during this time fishing is okay, but prawning would be a no-no. TIA
  10. BananasQ

Prawn Trap Entrance Size

Thanks - but the rings on spot prawn trap entrances are 3", which is a lot bigger. I'll probably trim it down to 2.75" and see how that goes; hard to add it back on!
  11. BananasQ

Prawn Trap Entrance Size

I got my hands on one of these Protoco shrimp traps and looking to use for prawning; my biggest concern is the entrance size, its under 2" square, which seems small to me. Was thinking of trimming back to make it 3" square instead - anyone used / modified these traps before, or any thoughts on...
  12. BananasQ

2019 Crab Regs - Two Escape Rings

I reached out to them a couple of weeks ago to give them the heads up on this as they weren't aware. They are working on a retrofit kit for the traps now. Looks like this caught a lot of folks off guard. The marine supply store in PoCo I was in on the weekend was surprised to hear that they were...
  13. BananasQ

Thanks Searun - looks like I will need to work out a way to make that retrofit happen.
  14. BananasQ

Just reviewing the regs - noticed for crabbing: "Crab traps are required to have two unobstructed circular escape holes or rings, measuring a minimum of 105 mm in diameter." Guess that means the Jolly Good trap (one central access on top, no escape ring) http://www.jollygoodtrap.com/home2.html...
  15. BananasQ

Shore fishing around Sechelt?

So it is! I only checked the Area 16 regs and didn't see that. Appreciate the heads up, will make alternatve, compliant plans
  16. BananasQ

Shore fishing around Sechelt?

Any joy up the Inlet (or elsewhere)? I am going to be heading up with kids this weekend - but I may take the kayak out for snapper and ling fishing too. But anywhere with a dock they can drop a rod would be great.
  17. BananasQ

Saltwater Salmon Fishing..the expensive sport....help people out

I'm looking to make the jump to be able to do this in the next couple of years - plan is to have a boat on the Sechelt Inlet and learn my craft there. The big challenges of time and money I am hoping to get better under control as the kids get a bit older, but one thing that would be a huge help...
  18. BananasQ

WTB Porta Bote Boat - 12' or 14'

Ha! Tell you what, when I find someone selling two, I'll hook you up. ;)
Back