Search results

1. C

2005 Yamaha F225

Always a buyer, first time seller. Recently re powered with a new Yamaha F300 so up for sale is a 2005 F225 with 1644 hours plus a sea star outboard motor steering cylinder. First the good, it is a perfectly fine motor that fires up each and every time. Runs perfectly except at low idle...
  2. C

Pick up an engine in Williams Lake to Vancouver

As the title says, need to move an outboard engine from Williams Lake to the lower mainland. Any good suggestions on a freight company that can do it? Engine is currently sitting on a pallet. Alternatively, anyone traveling to and from that region for work can bring it back for a fee?
  3. C

ISO 2002-2005 YAMAHA F225 LOWER UNIT

Mechanic confirmed the gears in the leg are gone and replacement won't arrive until sometime next year. Looking for a complete bottom gear case unit that is regular rotation and fits 2002-2005 Yamaha F225.
  4. C

How many hooks

On a recent flounder fishing trip, I was told by an experienced fisherman that I can use as many hooks as I want provided it is attached to single piece of bait. Is this correct? What is the regulations on multiple hooks on multiple pieces of bait? I am thinking of fishing for herring, squid...
  5. C

ISO Dock Box

Looking for a dock box to store the fishing gears while not fishing. Nothing fancy. Just looking for something functional. Located in the lower mainland.
  6. C

How long after a transducer swap out.

Will be swapping out a new to me transducer on the boat. Hoping to use the existing screw holes plus a bit of either 5200 or 4200 sealant. The question is how long would you let it settle or dry before putting the boat back in the water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  7. C

WTB Bennett Hydraulic Pump Unit For Trim Tap

Looking for a Bennett Hydraulic Pump unit model V351 12V to replace an existing bad ordered one. Let me know if you have an extra one kicking around not needed. Thanks in advance.
  8. C

Yamaha f225 fuel starvation after warming up

I run a 2004 Yamaha four stroke on my boat. Motor starts easily and idles fine at marina. I drive the boat for about 15 kms and the motor still idles fine when coming off plane. Turn off engine to set prawn traps. Restart 20 minutes later the engine starts rough but dies as soon as I accelerate...
  9. C

Powers of Fishery Officers

A buddy of mine recently got board by a DFO vessel at the mouth of the North Arm and had his boat inspected. The officers asked him to open the 2 coolers he had on deck and his catches were thoroughly inspected. All were within regulation. The officers then ask him to retrieve his backpack and...
  10. C

Yamaha 225

Decided to post here before putting them up for sale on Craigslist: 2007/2008 Yamaha 225 with 1180 hours. Asking $8500 2005 Yamaha with 1300 hundreds hours asking $6300 Both engines have excellent compression and recently tested at bridge view marine and Forsch marine of Victoria . Both engines...
  11. C

Water moisture in the tank?

I run a couple of yami 225 on my boat. Recently, I have had some problems with the engines, usually one at a time, bog down and stall on me while trolling or off plane. I would squeeze the primer balls and the engine would start again no problem. This usually happens a couple of times in a 1...
  12. C

Posting pics in the forum as a new member

Have been a long time follower of this forum and finally signed up as a member early last year. As a "new member " my privilege to post pics in the buy, sell forum is limited. Any suggestions on how to gain better access and privilege so I can list some of my items for sale? I am no a...
  13. C

Missing 8 Prawn Traps...ouch!

Is there a prawn closure on the lower Howe Sound off Horseshoe Bay? Over the past week I lost over 8 traps around the area and couldn't figure out what is going on. Did DFO picked them up because of a prawn closure or is there something more sinister going- a prawn trap thief? I am aware of the...
  14. C

Tri-axle trailer rental

Need to pull my 27 foot Grady and take her to Victoria to swap out one of the outboard engines. Any memebers here on the mainland willing to rent out theirs for a couple of days? The boat is heavy so my preference is to rent a tri-axle trailer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  15. C

Water spitting from Yamaha 225 exhaust port

Is it normal to have water spitting out from the exhaust relief port of an outboard? Just installed a 2005 Yamaha 225 four stroke outboard and the other day noticed water was spitting out from the exhaust hole directly under cowling. Prior to installing the engine on the starboard side, had...
  16. C

First time using a charter-strange behaviors

This is a question for charter guides on the forum. If for whatever reason you have to cut short a chartered trip, do you refund the unused portion of the trip or do you offer to make up the time at a different trip? I had a 5 hour halibut/cod combo trip cut short by a guide's family emergency...
  17. C

WTB-YAMAHA F225

Looking for a decent hour 2002-2006 Yamaha f225 motor to replace one that is being serviced in the shop. I have extra legs/props and mid section so even if just the motor head would be fine. If you or know of anyone that is interested in selling, please give me a shout. Thank you.
  18. C

1976 19'6" Glasply

Hi Folks, I have decided to let someone have a kick at trying to put this Glasply back where she belongs, on the water. The boat was originally purchased from Campbell River back in winter of 2014. We purchased it because the seller needed to sell her ex boyfriend’s boat in order to put food on...
Back