Search results

1. C

2005 Grady White 282 sailfish for sale

Tommy, don’t do it. She is too nice of a boat to let go, especially after all the upgrades you have put in to make it the ultimate fishing machine. The kids will grow up soon and you will eventually have lots of time to fish or go cruising with the family on the gulf islands. Like any good...
  2. C

Black friday deals 2023

Bought a hydrofoil for the outboard , seaguard leader line, bunch of hootchies, hooks and teaser heads. Supposedly saved 223 bucks.
  3. C

2005 Yamaha F225

Thanks for all the great advices and suggestions. Lots of things to consider. First and foremost don’t want to be accused of selling junk thus I tried to be as honest as possible. The engine does overheat at idle but still runs and has all the parts. Perhaps just sell as a running parts engine...
  4. C

2005 Yamaha F225

Thank you for the reference. Will keep that in mind if any offers comes my way. After the exhaust kit and still only $500 for a 700 hours motor ? Ouch. Hopefully post Covid market plus the steering will help it be more appealing. Thanks again.
  5. C

2005 Yamaha F225

Always a buyer, first time seller. Recently re powered with a new Yamaha F300 so up for sale is a 2005 F225 with 1644 hours plus a sea star outboard motor steering cylinder. First the good, it is a perfectly fine motor that fires up each and every time. Runs perfectly except at low idle...
  6. C

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Not me but I had a pretty good session this morning. Left the Marina at 9:15 and headed straight towards the NA. Dropped line half way between NA and the T10. Bunch of shakers so decided to switch from white hootchies to some left over anchovies. Right before we got to T10, in 189 feet of water...
  7. C

Don’t give up yet. Friend asked me to go out today but wife had other stuff going on that needed my support. Anyway, he landed this beauty between T10- SH. White hootchie. Also missed 3 doubles as he was fishing solo. I am gonna give it a go tomorrow afternoon if the weather forecast stays...
  8. C

Was there this morning 7:30 wind started to pick up around 8:30ish. Small white caps but there were patches of fishable areas toward the gulf islands. Pulled line around 9:40 and headed to t10 where it was calmer. Then the white caps decided to followed us so headed in at 11:00. Saw 2 nets out...
  9. C

Pick up an engine in Williams Lake to Vancouver

After a 3 years long and exhausting search, found the dream engine to repower. Any suggestions on a good freight company to move an engine from Kelowna to Vancouver?
  10. C

Friend of mine caught this between Sandheads and T10 in 150 feet of water and DR at 65. Sunday afternoon. Took him 45 mins to bring this male red spring in. Scale says 43lbs. So yeah, there are some really, really big chinooks out there.
  11. C

Going to sit this one out. Confirmed my tee time @2:00 once I saw the weather forecast but will be looking for reports through the day. I waited a whole year for September 1st but guess Mother Nature have different plans.
  12. C

Boccaccio

Prior to last year, Boccaccio was considered endangered and non retention. In the 2022/2023 fishing license, it stated we are allowed one Boccaccio in addition to regular limits of rock fish. That was removed from the 2023/24 license. I know we are responsible for knowing the regulations before...
  13. C

Aren’t you worried the fuel you put in yesterday might go bad the next time you go out?
  14. C

Ended up passing on the engine. Too heavy for my boat. Thanks for all the recommendations and offer to help.
  15. C

As the title says, need to move an outboard engine from Williams Lake to the lower mainland. Any good suggestions on a freight company that can do it? Engine is currently sitting on a pallet. Alternatively, anyone traveling to and from that region for work can bring it back for a fee?
  16. C

Try coming home hiding behind a BC Ferry vessel. You will have to go up to Nanaimo or down to active pass to catch one but it will be a lot calmer behind their wake. Slow but safe if you must cross in 20K wind.
  17. C

2 Yamaha 300’s 2 Yamaha 9.9

How many hours can one reasonably expect to get out of these engines if maintenance is done probably?
  18. C

Sold please delete

Best rod for bottoms fishing. Period. I don’t leave the dock without this one on the boat when bottom fish opens. Have caught flounders all the way to Halibut with it.
  19. C

Fishing halibut or cabezon near West Vancouver?

Any spots close by around Vancouver or Richmond? Been running over to Polier Pass and Camp Bing near Gibson for any decent flounder actions. They are one of my favourites to catch and eat but it sure gets expensive running so far for 8 flounders. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it...
  20. C

Prawn trap colour and size?

I used to attached halibut lights to my traps but really didn’t noticed any significant improvements vs the traps that didn’t have them. Gave up after a couple of attempts.
Back