Search results

1. MadJigga

Advice on rod & reel for my kids

I’m looking to get my kids aged 4 & 6 their own setups for fishing. I’m thinking smaller level winds and possibly trevala’s for the rods. I’d like the set ups to be able to be used for both bottom fishing and salmon as well. I’m thinking light and ease of use.
  2. MadJigga

Best soap to get rid of fish smell

So my wife and daughter are both really sensitive to the smell of fish on me after a day of catching/cleaning. What’s the best way to get rid of the smell? And don’t tell me to have a tomato bath...!
  3. MadJigga

Looking for a quality mechanic to do a rebuild of an Etec leg

I have all the parts (oem gear set) Can bring the leg anywhere on the South Island or lower mainland within reason. My mechanic is to busy fixing commercial fishing boats. He’s left me high and dry for months now. I’m going to miss the entire boating/fishing season. Any recommendations. I’m in...
  4. MadJigga

12v air pump for inflatables. What are you using?

Looking for first hand experience with portable 12v air pumps.
  5. MadJigga

Fibreglass boat top manufacturing

I’m looking to get a custom hardtop done for my Grady white 208 overnighter. The boat came with one but it was bogus so I pulled it off and sold it. Any recommendations on Vancouver Island or the lower mainland? All I can find online is builders down in Florida....
  6. MadJigga

Low hour etec

250 hp 159 hours 120 compression all cylinders Diagnostic available with no history of alerts This thing is mint Runs great Leg oil is clean (no water or filings) $11000 no rigging, controls or prop Located in Sidney BC
  7. MadJigga

Trapping black cod

Has anyone done this recreationally?
  8. MadJigga

Kicker locks

So, how are you locking your kicker to the boat? Are you satisfied with what you’ve done? I’m think of welding the bolts and rounding the heads of the nuts....
  9. MadJigga

Best small level wind for kids?

Looking for a his and hers set of level winds for my kids. Any recommendations?
  10. MadJigga

Opinions on anchor windless’s

Hey all. I’m beginning research on the eventual purchase of a windless for my 20’ Grady. As with most things, it’s hard to weed through all the positive and negative comments online. I’m looking for some first hand perspective. Hopefully after years of use.
  11. MadJigga

Mystery wood plugs

Picked these up a couple years ago. Anyone know what they are?
  12. MadJigga

What’s your favourite landing net?

So, time to invest in a new net. 6’+handle length as I’m tall and fish alone often. For in the chuck.
  13. MadJigga

Switching trailer from surge to electric brakes

Anyone done this mod? Any kits you would recommend? I have a tandem axle trailer that currently has surge brakes to only one axle.
  14. MadJigga

Shockwave S5’s reviews

Who’s got em. What do you think? Worth the investment?
  15. MadJigga

Boat name ideas

Hey. Will be finishing up my boat build in the next couple months. She didn’t come with a name....looking for some ideas. Family boat...nothing to dirty. It’s aGrady 208 adventure
  16. MadJigga

Anyone using a hydraulic jack plate?

Hi. I’m looking at both fixed and hydraulic jack plates for my boat. Any feedback is appreciated.
  17. MadJigga

Campbell River camping with moorage

Hey all. I had a trip booked to Ukee for Aug 14-22 at Secret Beach. Was going to camp and bring the boat up for fishing and adventuring with my family. And wouldn’t you know it, my best friend decided he’s getting married during that slot, and wants me to stand with him. So, trip cancelled...
  18. MadJigga

Casting nets

can we use casting nets for gathering bait fish?
  19. MadJigga

Custom aluminum fuel tanks

anyone know who does fuel tanks inVictoria?
  20. MadJigga

How to? Build a big smoker?

I’m thinking on building a large ish smoker. Looking for ideas.
Back