Search results

1. OutdoorsRep

Wanted: Jensen Flash Fly Everglo Ghost

Guys, we received a large shipment of Glo Ghost Flash Flys late June and shipped to stores. Many went to Vancouver Island dealers Pacific Net, Harbour Chandler, Gone Fishin, Trotac, River Sportsman and also many different Canadian Tire stores. We also changed the hooks on all Flash Flys to our...
  2. OutdoorsRep

Replacement hooks - your "go to"

We're launching a new hook from VMC this week which fits this topic. It's called the VMC 7175 Techset Open Eye Siwash. 2x strong and Coastal Black finish which is 4 times as corrosion resistant as regular black nickel. Some stores in BC will have stock in the next couple weeks.
  3. OutdoorsRep

luhr jensen mooching reel?

I've been testing the Luhr Jensen mooching reel along with other Pro Staff since May 2018 and it's performed great without any issues. Large 5" arbor, formed EVA foam handles feel great, and drag holds securely at all depths. It's a nice mid range mooching reel, good value. It's definitely NOT...
  4. OutdoorsRep

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Sandheads yesterday, 5 sox and a nice 19lb spring on a pink hoochie! Lost about another 7 due to a number of factors but overall fun day, flat water, and sunny skies :) Fun day at
  5. OutdoorsRep

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Looks like a gill net opening on Wednesday and Thursday for area 29. Any idea how many commercial boats would be out there? Subject: FN0786-COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Gill net - Area E - Area 29 - Fraser River Sockeye - Opening August 15 Gill nets open on August 15, 2018 from 06:00 hours to 22:00...
  6. OutdoorsRep

Salmon Rod, best light power rod

Rapala Classic Mooching rod in medium light action. A few members on here use and love the action on these. https://rapala.ca/products/classic-trolling
  7. OutdoorsRep

Plug thread tip's and tricks

Our Pro Staff Warren with First Fish Charters has been successful with J-Plugs around Bowen the last couple months. Green one is called Two Face and then Bloody Nose. But you're right not many guys fishing plugs on this side.
  8. OutdoorsRep

Wild Chinook salmon productivity is negatively related to seal density - SHOCKING I KNOW!!!

I'm sure the headline won't shock anyone here, however a new published report in the Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences will hopefully garner more attention from government, NGOs, and others looking to solve chinook abundance issues. Study also shows that for 20 wild chinook...
  9. OutdoorsRep

Flasher too damaged to fish in line?

I would. Never want to risk possibly losing the fish of a lifetime...
  10. OutdoorsRep

Monster halibut caught on Rapala XRap Magnum in Port Hardy

Local dealer would be the best bet, they should be able to order in if they don't have stock.
  11. OutdoorsRep

Monster halibut caught on Rapala XRap Magnum in Port Hardy

Went fishing with a group including guide Mike Kelly from Tides and Tales & Codfathers Charters out of Hardy and we got into an absolute beast halibut. We like experimenting trolling different lures and decided on a Rapala XRap Magnum 20 Red Head. Saw a couple bumps on the line, then nothing, so...
  12. OutdoorsRep

Vancouver Canucks season

Going to pay my respects to Danny and Hank Thursday night. Should be a memorable night with my dad :)
  13. OutdoorsRep

Leblanc to make announcement on the Fisheries Act

News Release From Fisheries and Oceans Canada Ottawa, Ontario– From coast to coast to coast, Canadians have signaled their strong passion for protecting the fish and fish habitat that play such a vital role in our environment, our communities and our livelihoods. Today, the Honourable Dominic...
  14. OutdoorsRep

Eco Groups Want Emergency protection for Resident Orcas!

From 1973 to 2016, the resident orca population showed periods of both growth and decline. When the first population census was conducted in 1973, 66 whales were sighted. Their population increased by 48% to a high of 98 in 1995, then dropped 16% to 82 individuals between 1995 and 2003...
  15. OutdoorsRep

Vancouver Canucks season

What a snipe by Brock.... World class release on that kid. Benning exceeded all expectations with that draft pick.
  16. OutdoorsRep

X-Raps

Have had limited success, but definitely need more time testing. Two ways to try would be using a dummy flasher and then Rapala up above, or using an inline flasher with extra long leader. I like using the Scatter Rap Tail Dancer - https://rapala.ca/products/scatter-rap-tail-dancer - Very...
  17. OutdoorsRep

Luhr Jensen flash fly's

Nope they don't work!!! Trust me!!!
  18. OutdoorsRep

Vancouver Canucks season

Virtanen was on fire tonight!
  19. OutdoorsRep

Wholesale Sports closing

All fishing lures were 30% off at Langley store
  20. OutdoorsRep

spooling up a new MR3????

Sufix Seige in smoke green. Good abrasion resistance but still supple.
Back