Search results

1. C

Former Coast Guard hovercraft for sale.

Anyone have an extra $750k that they want to spend? The federal government is about to take bids on a very unusual item. A former Coast Guard hovercraft known as Penac has been posted for sale on a government auction site. The rescue hovercraft was used for more than a decade in...
  2. C

BC Outdoor show in Abbotsford

If you are going to the BC Outdoor show this today or this weekend, allow extra time to get there. Went today and due to construction on Mt. Lehman Rd, closer to the airport, traffic was backed up and onto the highway at and onto the Mt. Lehman off ramp. Took almost 30 minutes from the off ramp...
  3. C

2 men charged as Nanaimo RCMP sinks alleged serial boat theft operation

Nanaimo RCMP have arrested two alleged boat thieves, and say they could be involved in the theft of more than a dozen vessels. Police made the arrests last Wednesday on Shoreline Drive, where the men were found in possession of two stolen boats...
  4. C

New speed limit in place for boaters travelling underneath the Lions Gate Bridge

If you normally drive your boat through the Port of Vancouver and under the Lions Gate Bridge, you’ll need to know about the new speed limits in place. The Port of Vancouver says that includes tier 2 vessels, most power boats, fishing boats, and sailboats. A temporary new 15-Knot speed limit...
  5. C

ABUS 12KS 6' Maximum Security Square Chain and Sleeve

The Abus 12ks chain is on sale at amazon.ca today for $52.56 which is less then 1/2 price of normal. Note though, there is a back order shipping date of 1-3 weeks. https://www.amazon.ca/12KS-Maximum-Security-Chain-Sleeve/dp/B005UMCC7C I have on one of these and this is one serious and heavy...
  6. C

Dacron Fishing Line

Picked up an as new (still in the box), 100 yard spool of 100 LB rated braided Dacron line at a yard sale over the weekend for $2.50. Does this line have any good use or purpose in today's fishing world where modern braided line dominates over Dacron?
  7. C

Appeal for information after SeaBus, pleasure craft nearly crash

The Vancouver Police Marine Unit is asking for the public’s help after a SeaBus and pleasure boat nearly collided in the water. Investigators say this happened just before 1 p.m. on May 5th. That’s when they say the SeaBus was about halfway across the city’s harbour heading towards North...
  8. C

Found Reel

Found a reel at Rocky Point boat launch parking lot . PM me if you or someone you know is missing a reel. The reel has a very unique (non factory) marking on it. Describe the reel brand and model and also the marking to claim.
  9. C

Another reason not to use Master Lock junk to secure your trailers

People should never, ever trust Master Lock for anything they value.
  10. C

Low tide reveals stolen truck at Kits Beach

Anyone missing a truck? A bizarre sight for people walking along the shore of Kits Beach on Thursday afternoon. Thanks to a low tide, a pick-up truck surfaced way out in the water. Vancouver Police say they were called out just after 12:30 p.m. after someone in the area saw tire marks in the...
  11. C

Golden Ears road and park open?

Anyone know if Golden Ears road and park is now open? The provincial park website has not been updated in a month. If it is open, would not mind getting out on Alouette lake tomorrow.
  12. C

Fuel-laden barge stranded near Bella Bella, B.C.

Lets hope this barge does not break away and start leaking. Maritime rescue officials say a U.S. barge with millions of litres of diesel fuel onboard has become stranded off the coast of Bella Bella, B.C. The vessel, which the Joint Rescue Co-Ordination Centre in Victoria (JRCC) has not...
  13. C

Joy-riding jet boaters destroying Pitt River salmon

Joy-riding jet boaters are killing salmon and destroying thousands of eggs on the upper Pitt River, says the owner of a fishing lodge on the remote waterway near Maple Ridge. Dan Gerak said the number of jet boaters on the upper river, which feeds into the north side of Pitt Lake from its...
  14. C

Feds ask boaters to stay 200 metres from B.C.'s southern resident orcas

Fisheries Minister Dominic LeBlanc says there will be regulations in place before the spring to ensure no boat comes within 200 metres of southern resident killer whales in Canadian waters. LeBlanc told reporters outside the House of Commons he heard loud and clear from scientists at a...
  15. C

Boat Storage in Burnaby - Tri-cities area

Possibly looking for winter storage (Dec to May) for my 12' foot tinny on a 16 foot trailer. Don't require covered storage nor will I need access until spring time. Boat and trailer are fully insured and will be kept securely locked. Also the boat and trailer are only a couple of years old and...
  16. C

Locksmith in Tri-Cities or Burnaby area

Looking to have some boat and trailer padlock keys re-keyed to be all alike keys. Anyone recommend a good Locksmith in the Tri-Cities or Burnaby area? Reason I need a Locksmith is because my padlocks are not run of the mill cheapies such as Masterlock and need a specific key blank that are not...
  17. C

B.C. man left a paraplegic after boat collides with humpback

It’s been 10 weeks since Mike Hamill’s life violently changed when his guided fishing boat collided with a humpback whale in Haida Gwaii. The accident left Hamill, a former B.C. wrestling, powerlifting and bodybuilding champion, a paraplegic. Hamill, along with two friends, had just finished...
  18. C

Penn Squall Level Wind Trolling Reels

I am looking at purchasing a couple of the Penn Squall 20 reels and wondering if the cost vs quality is worth it for these reels. If not, any other suggestions in the $100.00 to $150.00 range? Main use is Salmon and Ling Cod fishing. TIA.
  19. C

Bulk Stainless Steel Screws

Looking to purchase a (50 or 100 count) boxes of 12 x 1 panhead stainless steel screws for a project that don't cost a fortune. Just purchased a little box of 3 at Home Depot and ended paying just over a $1.00 each. Unfortunately HD does not sell bulk boxes in this size and purchasing at their...
  20. C

Air Bag install

Looking for a place to have air bags installed on my RAM pickup. Preferably in the Tri-cities or Burnaby area. I know they are relatively easy to install, but current back problems prevent any crawling around the truck to do this myself.
Back