Search results

1. C

Rock slide in Fraser River, B.C., may hinder salmon passage

Given that asshat has named Tom, I deleted my post. This forum is a disgrace to the fishing community. @Admin disable or delete my account please.
  2. C

David Suzuki goes Chinook salmon fishing despite calls for a complete ban by DSF!

Facing the photo, it almost looks like Mario Lemieux to the immediate right of Suzuki.
  3. C

CHEK News poll July 15/19

No matter how the news, marine animal experts - and the armchair experts here on this forum want to analyze, speculate, spin doctor, use straw man and ad homien arguments, and point fingers, all I care about is there probably 2 more dead whales - no matter how they died.
  4. C

CHEK News poll July 15/19

The challenge with the news of the pregnant starving whale is simple. There is no fake news, no propaganda, no coverup, etc as that whale (J17) and 1 other (J25) may now be dead. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/southern-resident-killer-whales-missing-1.5205596
  5. C

Email or call the info officer... bigbarlandslidein@gov.bc.ca 1-250-256-1433
  6. C

@agentaqua. Received the same update from Dale Miche via email on Sunday night. Hi Grxxx, here is the most up to date info at this time:| DFO and the BC Government were advised on June 23rd that a significant rock slide occurred in a narrow portion of the Fraser River near Big Bar, northwest...
  7. C

Former Coast Guard hovercraft for sale.

Anyone have an extra $750k that they want to spend? The federal government is about to take bids on a very unusual item. A former Coast Guard hovercraft known as Penac has been posted for sale on a government auction site. The rescue hovercraft was used for more than a decade in...
  8. C

Not quite. One of the FN band members mentioned on Twitter that they have not yet seen any early Stuart yet, but expect so in the next week.
  9. C

Yes the salmon swim up the canyon - but by the time they get up the Fraser into that area where the slide is, the fish have nowhere near the strength and energy to navigate through that slide.
  10. C

2014 3.5 HP Mercury

I don't need this motor, but that is a decent price for a long shaft with low hours. Brand new, these motors range from $1100.00 to $1300.00 (when on sale) and depending on what dealer.
  11. C

Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson ignores the courts decision on the threat the PRV virus!

These types of threads that denigrate into personal attacks along with stunningly unwarranted and wildly unproven accusations of agent provocateur behaviour against other forum members is the reason I (and probable many others), stay silent in this forum. The fishing community has far more...
  12. C

Boycott corporations that support Chinook non-retention or a total fishery closure

I was going to give a detailed explanation and perspective on this, but the latter posts in this thread has derailed it from its original topic of boycotts.
  13. C

Boycott corporations that support Chinook non-retention or a total fishery closure

Again very noble thoughts and idealistic way of thinking. But lets do some math - again using Patagonia as an example. (Remember I don't work for them.) You tell and beg 20 of your friends to not purchase from Patagonia. Of those 20, how many are going to swear they will never purchase and also...
  14. C

No I am not a Patagonia employee. From my above post: Using Patagonia as an example - but could be any company.
  15. C

This an area that although I am not an expert, I am still qualified to speak about. Using Patagonia as an example - but could be any company. Many times a consumer boycott will backfire as a company like Patagonia has 1.5 million followers on Facebook alone. These types of followers are ardent...
  16. C

Not trying to dissuade you, but it has proven again and again that consumer boycotts don't work. Most common example is the continuous calls to boycott certain gas stations. These are all very noble thoughts and idealistic ways to attempt to "stick it to the man" - or xxx companies , but very...
  17. C

Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

Care to elaborate on the supposed class action lawsuit. Who is organizing and backing it? Not trying to be negative, but these types of lawsuits can take years to wind through the legal system. And something like this was to be even remotely successful, taking on the DFO / Canadian government...
  18. C

Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

I forwarded your contact info. No guarantees on whether my media friend will attend. As for me, I won't be able to attend due to work.
  19. C

My local news media friend would like to know: - Who is the official spokesperson(s)? - Will there be a formal press release available? - Is there an official website that readers and viewers can be directed to? - Due to anonymity of the users here, this forum cannot be used as an official...
  20. C

On-board battery charger

Can't go wrong with the NOCO Genius. Note that are 3 different versions of this charger starting with the Gen1 which can be found online for about $150.00 CA. The Gen 2 and 3 are correspondingly higher price.
Back