Search results

1. ChilliSpoons

Fun collaboration

I had a fun time doing a collaboration with Jeff from Westcoast Fishing Tackle on a spoon project. Jeff approached me on getting together on one of my more popular and somewhat unique color patterned spoons, The CottonCandy. Jeff and I had been in communication more than a few times over the...
  2. ChilliSpoons

Seahawks Parking

Heading down to Seattle to watch the Seahawks game on Sunday. I’m sure it’ll be a zoo leaving after the game but looking for some help finding a decent parking lot?
  3. ChilliSpoons

Tach bouncing

The tach for my 75hp Merc is bouncing around and reading incorrectly. When I mash the throttle to get up on plane the tach jumps up to 7500 which I know is incorrect. It will settle back down to the correct rpm but will still jump around. The Merc is on a 2011 Lowe. Where do I begin to solve...
  4. ChilliSpoons

Canned salmon

I’m looking to clean out the deep freeze and can the remainder of lady year’s salmon. Any tips, recipes or advice when it comes to canning? I’d like to very lightly smoke a little prior to canning. Does anyone add jalapeños or other ingredients to the jars when canning?
  5. ChilliSpoons

Hour meter install

I’ve purchased a cheesy Amazon hour meter to install on my 2011 75hp Mercury to keep track of service intervals. The easy installation consists of wrapping the included wire around a spark plug lead and zip tying the meter to somewhere under the cowl. On my Merc there are pencil coils with no...
  6. ChilliSpoons

Downrigger wiring

I just bought a 16’ Aluminum boat that I’m installing a set of older 1106 downriggers. The boat has two batteries run in parallel with no selector switch. Do I wire my downriggers to the starting battery or the other battery? Or one downrigger to each battery? I assume that I’d wire directly...
  7. ChilliSpoons

600hp Mercs x 2

Killer Eaglcraft with twin V12 600 hp Mercs
  8. ChilliSpoons

Lien Check

What’s the simplest way to do a lien check on a private sale used boat?
  9. ChilliSpoons

WTB Smaller Aluminum 14-18’

I’m looking for a smaller aluminum boat that will mostly be used in larger lakes, some river action and possibly an odd trip out in the ocean weather permitting. I’ll keep my 12’ tinny for small lake fly fishing. Jeff’s Lifetimer looks great but it is outside my price range with a limited budget...
  10. ChilliSpoons

Motors to avoid. And why?

It’s likely that I’ll be buying a used boat within the next 12 months. There are a lot of opinions and experiences in regards to which outboard motors to avoid. Which years motors between 90 - 200hp should I avoid and why? I’m only interested in 4 stroke motors. I hear Yamaha engines between...
  11. ChilliSpoons

Scotty HP Rigger acting goofy

One of the riggers on my Bro's boat has been acting up fishing deep. Dropping down to 150, 200 or 250' isn't an issue but if wanting to adjust depth from 150' down deeper the drop slows to a crawl. Swapping out the 15 lb balls to 20 lb balls help but the issue still exists. Is a brake adjustment...
  12. ChilliSpoons

Telus Alternative

I’ve been a loyal Telus customer with mobile, tv and internet for about 20 years. I’m looking for some alternative options. New customers get better treatment and perks than long time customers. Give me the pros and cons in regards to other providers of cellular, tv and internet. Pricing...
  13. ChilliSpoons

Shakers

Is it just me or are there a large number of shakers around this year? Damn easy to catch but definitely a nuisance.
  14. ChilliSpoons

Best Pub

My wife and I are on the Island driving from Nanaimo to Campbell River on Thursday and looking for a great pub with a patio for lunch. Good food and a good patio top the wish list. Any recommendations?
  15. ChilliSpoons

Mill Bay Derby

Looking forward to the derby this weekend. I’ll have a batch of Custom Painted ChilliSpoons for anyone who may be interested. Looking forward to meeting other members and sharing fishing stories.
  16. ChilliSpoons

Luhr-Jensen Manistee

I have a couple of #3 Manistee spoons one is copper and the other a 50/50 copper/brass. Pretty cool looking spoons but I assume they need to be fished slowly. Does anyone fish these spoons anymore?
  17. ChilliSpoons

Huatulco Mexico

Me and Mrs ChilliSpoon are heading to Huatulco at the end of February. We’ll be staying at the Camino Real Zaashila on Tangolunda Bay. I’ve never been to Huatulco before but have heard nothing but good things. I looked at photos and videos of the resort and the rock outcropping right beside the...
  18. ChilliSpoons

Vintage Tackle Finds

Here are some nice finds from the recent Fraser Valley Salmon Society Used Tackle A nice boxed Pink Pearl Lucky Louie 2 wooden Lucky Louie’s and 2 plastic A Edward Lipsett Sea King - Sold to happy customer A Martin Plug A rough size 3 and a very nice size 5 Gibbs Martins...
  19. ChilliSpoons

Used Tackle Sale

The Fraser Valley Salmon Society is hosting it's annual Used Tackle Sale in Chilliwack on November 25th. I'll be there will a table full of reincarnated Tomic and Silver Horde Plugs and freshly painted Spoons. ATTENTION ALL FISHERMAN!!!!!! Fraser Valley Salmon Society presents Used Fishing...
  20. ChilliSpoons

Tandem or single?

On your Hootchie hook setup what is your preference, tandem or single? Hook sizes? Swivel before hooks? Beads, color/glow?
Back