Search results

1. Tinny

Worms in Salmon

The other day was about to vacuum pack a Chinook filet when noticed some movement. Had a better look and out crawls this 2” worm. Anyone know what kind of worm this is? First time I’ve seen one in a salmon. I’ve seen the big tapeworms you find in the Chinook guts every once in a while and the...
  2. Tinny

Boat Charcoal Grill?????

I would like to purchase a charcoal grill for the boat that I can affix to one of the gunnel rod rod holders. I see an option for the round grill from Magma but wondering if anyone has some other recommendations or experiences that they would like to share. Thanks in advance....
  3. Tinny

Sleeping tent for back deck of boat.....

My boat is a little too small for all 4 of us in the cabin but has a large back deck area. Was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a tent type/brand that they may be using on the back deck of their boat. Would obviously need something that does not need to be pinned with spikes and...
  4. Tinny

Vancouver Area Squid Fishing????

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge about squid fishing in the Vancouver area - English Bay, Howe Sound or maybe around Nanaimo area.... I came across this squid fishing info for Washington State waters but have not been able to find anything for our backyard...
  5. Tinny

Long Cod Mediterranean style

After a few attempts finally nailed it. Bed of sliced baby potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and olives. Seasoned with olive oil and Vegeta brand seasoning. Bake this for a bit first then add ling cod and baste with olive oil. The trick is getting the potatoes and ling cod done at the same time. Some...
  6. Tinny

Fraser Sturgeon Fishing Charter Recommendation Request....

Hello. I have never been sturgeon fishing and it is something I would like to try. Have an out of town guest coming in mid October so figure it is the perfect time to give it a try. Would appreciate any input on which guide to use as it seems that there are a lot of them. Of course, I would...
Back