Search results

1. Tinny

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

South Bowen 1 to 4 today. 5 unders and one 65cm keeper. New flashers killing it!
  2. Tinny

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

1 to 4 in the freighters and mile markers. Aside from one 55cm undersized, skunked. Pretty cool orca sighting - huge male transient (never seen one so big) with two females in tow.
  3. Tinny

Tell Your Best Joke

Where do I sign up?
  4. Tinny

Auto PFDs

Pretty stupid thing actually. I had new down riggers and hadn't yet got around to installing the weight retrieving line. It was a flat calm day, but I had to lean out a little bit every once in a while to retrieve and reset the riggers. I was always focused on having three points of contacts...
  5. Tinny

Auto PFDs

Six years ago I was a split second away from falling in head first while solo fishing in the Harbour in early February. I was wearing an automatic inflatable PDF, but in all reality (if it worked) it just would have given my family a body to bury. If I didn't die from that first gasp, or from...
  6. Tinny

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Missed a pin popper in the freighters and had one undersized by 2nd MM so far.
  7. Tinny

Yabadabadoo!!!!!! Now that’s a shiny fish!!!!
  8. Tinny

Yup. I still have the sound of that bell ringing loudly in my head as I replay the memories of fish lost by the side of the boat close by. The bell haunts me! Reminds me. Taunts me. Teases me. And brings me back for more.
  9. Tinny

Awesome! Post pictures please!!!!
  10. Tinny

I never let a rookie anywhere near the net anymore. I still have this image burned in my head from a few years back at the hump in April pre-Turdo era when we could still fish there. Exhausted 20lb spring flopped on its side next to the boat in flat calm seas. Ask my green as grass buddy to net...
  11. Tinny

LOL. You've got my nomination for quote of the year. Got out to the Bell this afternoon for a solo fish. Went 2 for 3 and landed a 75cm red and and 80cm white. Forgot how hard it is to solo land a fish! One hit on anchovy at 55', two on skinny G at 70' The one on the anchovy was odd in that...
  12. Tinny

Sandheads 8:30 to 12:00 today. First hour nothing worthwhile but noticed lots of arches down around 200 with bait everywhere close to bottom. Put on a skinny G and dropped to 200’. Within 5 minutes fish on. Then proceeded quickly to go 7 for 8 but had to release the last one which came on a...
  13. Tinny

Winter fishing will be good this year. Lots of bait keeping the fish around.
  14. Tinny

A few vintage Fishing items f/s:

https://bid.ableauctions.ca/LOT-OF-VINTAGE-FISHING-RODS-AND-REELS_i50068184 Stumbled across this so just sharing in case someone interested. I collect a lot of things but not any of this.....
  15. Tinny

fished 3 hours at the bell today. Very quiet with no hits until this 75cm beauty showed interest in the plug I put down in desperation. It had a freshly eaten anchovy in its belly.
  16. Tinny

Fished 3:30 to 6:30. Lost 2 (my never goes fishing wife on the rod) then she takes a nap and with no fishing time left this one hits! Close to Bell in 110’ with anchovy at 49’. It tapped the anchovy then nothing for a minute so figure that’s it. Start reeling the line in to call it a day and it...
  17. Tinny

What's for dinner tonight ?

Charcoal grill time! Lamb Shish kebabs, coho, ling cod head, and zucchini on the grill. Beans from the garden in a veggie tomato sauté. Tomato salad from the garden. Faro grain salad with parsley and red onions.
  18. Tinny

Fished noon to four in 28-6. Trolled mostly away from the pack at Pt Atkinson towards the pink apartments and back a couple times. Missed a pin popper and had a few small chinooks by the boat (all hatchery). Was about to give up when at 4pm tide change double header. Was solo so thankfully the...
  19. Tinny

Got my lings on the other side. Trying for coho now but pretty quiet at hump and trough so far. Don’t feel like going into the pack that is hugging the shoreline. Boats are all spread out so maybe quieter this afternoon?
Back