Search results

1. Fish-Hunter

You know you are having a bad day, when....

Dude was talking to police at the side of the bridge, he appeared to be unharmed. Lucky I would say, as it would have been a lot worse, had he gone over the edge. It is a long way to the bottom of that bridge just south of the Qualicum Beach exit.
  2. Fish-Hunter

New Aquaculture Advisory Committee Being Formed

link: http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/22597335.xml&CatID=National B.C. fish-farm foes criticize aquaculture committee, fear being "shouted down" at 04:00 on March 23, 2013, EDT. Keven Drews, The Canadian Press Share on facebookShare on...
  3. Fish-Hunter

"Maybe that's where we lost them." - Reasons for Poor 2009 Fraser Sockey Returns

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/19415904.xml&CatID=National Lack of food, ocean conditions behind poor 2009 sockeye returns: B.C. scientists at 04:00 on July 14, 2012, EDT. Keven Drews, The Canadian Press VANCOUVER - Juvenile...
  4. Fish-Hunter

"I am going to fight until the bitter end and win,"- Don Staniford

Fierce fish farm opponent remains defiant in the face of B.C. defamation case at 05:00 on January 08, 2012, EST. Keven Drews, The Canadian Press http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/16227602.xml&CatID=National VANCOUVER - Don Staniford says...
  5. Fish-Hunter

Halibut Quota Ad on SportfishingBC Home page - Still there!

Yes, isn't that nice. They took Wolf's thread down, I believe that it was very close to or just over 2000 views in less than 24 hours. Obviously, goes to show that this is a very serious issue to many on this site. Lots of people have now left the site to join other sites. This is a sad day...
  6. Fish-Hunter

Yes, isn't that nice. They took Wolf's thread down, I believe that it was very close to or just over 2000 views in less than 24 hours. Obviously, goes to show that this is a very serious issue to many on this site. Lots of people have now left the site to join other sites. This is a sad day...
  7. Fish-Hunter

8. Fish-Hunter

9. Fish-Hunter

2011 Sockeye Run Port Alberni

Sockeye forecast means big run for B.C. BY KERI SCULLAND, ALBERNI VALLEY TIMES MAY 5, 2011 9:02 AM Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Sockeye+forecast+means/4732991/story.html#ixzz1LUs5qm4z PORT ALBERNI - For the second year in a row, fishermen are expecting a large...
  10. Fish-Hunter

ACCURACY - of DFO Catch Stats.

This peaked my intrest from another thread I started the other day. Last year (2010) I made it out on the water between 18 and 20 times to go fishing. NOT ONCE on any one of those trips was I asked how many, when, where and what type of fish I caught. NOT ONCE! DFO bases our number of fish...
  11. Fish-Hunter

ACCOUNTABILITY in the Sport Fishing Sector

This issue has been eating at me for a while now. It keeps being brought up that we are not accountable so therefore we are the weak link in the chain. THIS IS IN NO MEANS WHATSOEVER INTENDED TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE IMPORTANCE OF THE ISSUE OF THE 88/12 TAC SPLIT. (Which I will state for the...
  12. Fish-Hunter

Scotty Warranty and Service - What's UP??

Well this is news to me, it has been brought to my attention that Scotty has stopped doing their service clinics and the waranty prodcedure has changed. Does anyone have any up to date and or inside info as to why these chages were made? Also what is the scoop for having waranty work and...
  13. Fish-Hunter

Halibut Not Shared Equitably.

Halibut not shared equitably Comox Valley Record http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_north/comoxvalleyrecord/opinion/letters/115238009.html Published: February 03, 2011 6:00 PM Dear editor, Over the past few weeks there have been numerous articles and letters written and published...
  14. Fish-Hunter

What Did Santa Bring?

So now that Santa has come and gone, what did he leave at your house (or in the boat)? He left me a couple of hali rods and level winds loaded with Spider Wire, some great lures that are just itching to have a fish attached to them, and a permission slip to pull the trigger on a new Lowerance...
  15. Fish-Hunter

Lowerance HDS 8 - GPS/Chartplotter/Fishfinder

Hello all, new to forum, first post, here goes. I am in the market for a new fish finder/combo unit, and after looking at the market have narrowed it down to the HDS-8. Noticed a lot of customer service issues on blogs from the USA, not much to mention from Canada. I am looking for guys using...
Back