Search results

1. Fish-Hunter

You know you are having a bad day, when....

Nope that dually in the first pic is part of the line of traffic working their way though the accident scene. That trailer is still chained to the pathfinder, and yes that pathfinder is facing 180 degrees to, and on top of the trailer that it was towing. I didn't see how the tow truck...
  2. Fish-Hunter

You know you are having a bad day, when....

Dude was talking to police at the side of the bridge, he appeared to be unharmed. Lucky I would say, as it would have been a lot worse, had he gone over the edge. It is a long way to the bottom of that bridge just south of the Qualicum Beach exit.
  3. Fish-Hunter

2014 SFBC Derby Wrap Up

I have to agree with you on the first two points 100% the look and smile on that little girls face was just awsome. She was so excited and happy to get that bike. She was probably just as excited as I was to win that totally awsome fish cleaning table. :) Thanks to all that made this whole...
  4. Fish-Hunter

my next (last) project boat

Ahh,,, are you going to bother putting a head back on board? Hopefully that Port side looks like the outer starboard stringer and you'll save a lot of time and work. That keel/bilge stringer/plate sound and solid too? I love these rebuild threads, it gets the blood pumping and brain thinking...
  5. Fish-Hunter

my next (last) project boat

Looking good. Man that is a lot of work and a lot of resin. Question: Are you opening up the port side? or have you drilled/tested to see if the stringers on that side are OK? Also noticed the step/recess in the deck on the port side, there for a specific reason?? That is going to to be a...
  6. Fish-Hunter

Nog's Needle - The Good News

Not Yet for me.... gonna wear out the key on the mail box though:p. This is great! Feels like Christmas in July, any day now....;)
  7. Fish-Hunter

Cabelas Nanaimo

^^^^^^^ What he said! (I think that it must have something to do with permits - it has to) I can't wait for it to open, the outdoors candy store.
  8. Fish-Hunter

Rate these Boat Manufacturers?

Don't forget about Woolridge Boats also. There are a lot of options for quality boats in the alumaworld. Pretty hard to name one as the leader - Stand alone - best one on the market. As mentioned above, it would be well worth it to deal with one of the custom builders and get the...
  9. Fish-Hunter

Creel Surveyors

No, not that I know of. But,,,, the spotter has to take a special little pill before the flight,,, I think the label says ESP pills (however it could say LSD, a smudged label is difficult to read :p). Note pills must be taken with "Special DFO Kool-Aid":eek: for full effectiveness.
  10. Fish-Hunter

Order finished!! Very easy process, great job on the new site/store. Should have a small school of Iron Needle Lures swimming behind the boat here real soon. Thanks again, and many best wishes to you on your new venture. FH
  11. Fish-Hunter

Also set up account, and already made some room in the tackle box for them. Made space front and center, as i foresee these lures being a constant go to. BTW congrats to you Matt for persevering and seeing it through to get this dream to maturity and these lures to many boats across the coast...
  12. Fish-Hunter

2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Went out yesterday to test and break-in new kicker motor. Fished Ballenas, and had similar results to thegreatpumpkin. Quite a few fish showing and some decent action. Fished at 100-150' in 160-180' feet of water, went home with 3 of 4 to the boat (one was small and lived to see another day)...
  13. Fish-Hunter

Cheap Guided Campbell River Trips

Uh Oh, there is a lead ball in that picture:eek:. Be careful.... do you remember what happened when Osama had a picture of an incidental 6 gill catch, and he got slammed for having balls that appeared to be too big. :p
  14. Fish-Hunter

Ouch... Nanaimo Crash

OUCH!! What a crappy way to begin and end a long weekend. First thing that I wonder is were they travelling together? Often see one guy towing the boat and another hauling the bunk house, heading off to enjoy our great outdoors. Hopefully only pride and pocketbooks were hurt, and that everyone...
  15. Fish-Hunter

scotty sure stop's

Most likely the 150 lb braid. ;):p The bonus with Gangion is that knots are FREE!! Crimps are "knot".
  16. Fish-Hunter

Cool experience on the water!

That, it absolutely awesome! Thank-you for sharing. It looks like it wants its belly rubbed;).
  17. Fish-Hunter

Small Diameter Rigid Plastic Tubing?

http://www.eplastics.com/Extruded-Plexiglass-Acrylic-Tubing http://www.professionalplastics.com/Teflon_Tubing Not sure if these are like what you are looking for.
  18. Fish-Hunter

Small Diameter Rigid Plastic Tubing?

If you are in Nanaimo any time soon I would stop by Industrial Paints and Plastics. I bought some clear acrylic tubing from there a long time ago now that had an id of 1/4", if I remember correctly there was smaller tubes as well. Worth checking.
  19. Fish-Hunter

The Official hijack thread...thread

Chicken nuggets or bubble gum? Add bleach, grease and flavoring: you have chicken nuggets. Add rubber, sugar, flavor and a comic: you have bubble gum.
  20. Fish-Hunter

The Official hijack thread...thread

WTF?? You called the ambulance to fix your toaster???
Back