Search results

1. Xena

2023 Campbell River Reports

Does anyone know if the Big Rock boat launch has been cleared of logs? Or, is it a DYI ? Also, where would we place them if we moved them ? TIA, Xena
  2. Xena

Our new Christmas ornament!
  3. Xena

Caught our first salmon since moving to CR from Victoria. Thanks to the fishers who replied to my questions. This beauty was caught on a #602 plug in 200ft of water 20ft off bottom,69cm. Fish for dinner!
  4. Xena

Started at 100ft but the action was at 260ft
  5. Xena

First fishing trip for us since moving to CR. 9:30-12.Fished the contours on bottom around the red can and made our way towards the green can. We did get a fish, unfortunately under-sized by 10cm, gaff released to fatten up for another time! Can't wait to try again! Xena
  6. Xena

I was using the fishing BC app, instead of the DFO Website, I thought it would be more clear, I see by the post that Northfish responded with that the DFO was definitive. Thanks!
  7. Xena

New to CR, DFO has confused me once again! Coho: 1&1 clipped and unclipped? Or Area 13 closed to unclipped??? Different from Sooke 😜 TIA, Xena
  8. Xena

Only caught a couple of of chum, good for smoking, but what about Canning?
  9. Xena

We've recently moved to CR but have mostly fished in Sooke. We hope to start fishing in September. Is there coho fishing in October ?( like Sooke) Thanks! Xena
  10. Xena

"OLD" Fishing pictures

Yes, June run and thank-you.
  11. Xena

"OLD" Fishing pictures

Me fishing with the neighbor back in 1976? Off Cattle Point, hitting the old Blueback run...sigh, all but gone now.
  12. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Fished 9:30-12:30, 500ft mark, harbor mouth. 3 quick ones 2 unclipped, 1 one clipped, spent the rest of the time trying to land one of 4 pin poppers, only saw one, clipped, spun out at the side of the boat :( Got one more clipped, then an unclipped, released and called it a day. The creel guy...
  13. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Headed out for a quick fish, 9-11. Got on Unclipped within half an hour, then half an hour later, double header both Unclipped, kept the bigger one! Then stayed out for for another hour, double header both clipped, one was the same size as the Unclipped. A humpback was around too! Came in...
  14. Xena

"OLD" Fishing pictures

Hubby caught an 18 and 36 in Nahmint Bay, circa1972.
  15. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Fished with the boys in the fog 7-10, parking lot and not much action to be seen. Tried various depths, speeds and lures. Sadly, I think the salmon had anchovy in mind but we had none :( One strike, a pin popper just as we had pulled the other two lines. The sea, tempting us to slug it out...
  16. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Hubby got off work early so we decided to go fishing! Lines in ...no wait, line in the water, not in the downrigger clip and fish on!! 12lb unclipped. 2 minutes later, fish on! I lost it...arrgh. an hour later after a couple of strikes....double header at the same time as the boat beside us...
  17. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Fished 7:30 to 10:30. Went with Father in law. Lumpy and busy at Possession Point so we headed for the Trap Shack. Father in law got the first fish, bbq spring. Hubby got the fish of the day, 80cm, fat female, full of runs, very exciting! It was my turn but the bite died and we picked up a...
  18. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Fished 8-10, Secretary area. Full on pink action, which was our plan as my brother from Alberta was out visiting. Glad to give him lots of fun. Kept 10 of 12 allowed, lost over a dozen of course. His smile made my day
  19. Xena

2021 Sooke Reports

Fished Beecher Bay this morning, 9-11:30. missed the first one, had three in 1.5 hours, all BBQ size, called it early. Beautiful day, more boats out. Fishing bottom 110-130 ft. Spoon.
Back