Search results

1. N2013

Looking for inflatable PFD recommendations

Gonna scoop a couple new PFD's from Harbour Chandler as they're on sale. Any recommendations on styles of mustangs?
  2. N2013

Galiano Moorage?

Anyone know if Montague Harbour or anywhere else accepts transient moorage on Galiano? Not interested/able in mooring. Meeting up with some buddies and Galiano for a vacay and am hoping to get some moorage. Montage is closed at the moment/not accepting at the moment. Just looking for some...
  3. N2013

Advice needed for a new Battery Switch

I need a new battery switch. Currently running a single battery and using a Perko switch. So just need a 2 position switch but reading conflicting info regarding specific switches for specific engines (gas/diesel,in/outboard). What Perko or Blue Seas switch is suitable and do most folks run...
  4. N2013

Can one buy only a Double Eagle Hull?

Has anyone ever purchased a new Double Eagle hull before and rigged it themselves? Either direct or through a dealer?
  5. N2013

Oil extractor

Can anyone recommend a good oil extractor tool for outboards? Tired of the mess the drain screw makes.
  6. N2013

Gaff rejuvenation product?

I have a gaff that needs a little TLC and looking for some advice on the best product to bring it back to life. Doesn't need to look like the Westcoast Thumper products, but just something that'll help preserve it's legacy. My Dad found it years back hiking the West Coast Trail and it's been...
  7. N2013

Penn Squall 20 LW - $150.

Penn Squall 20 Levelwind. In excellent shape, works perfectly. Fully spooled this season with 50lb power pro braid. $150. Located in Colwood.
  8. N2013

Portable tank fuel fittings

I'm planning to set up my kicker to run on portable fuel tanks instead of being plumbed into my main tank. What style of fitting should I used on the tank & hose? It's a suzuki kicker, but I've seen two styles. Both the prong on the tank & a typical female fitting on the motor side, but my...
  9. N2013

Shop knocked over my kicker. Double Eagle 185 Kicker Replacement suggestions?

Putting a feeler out for recommendations on a new trolling motor for my DE 185. Shop that was working on it, knocked it over, cracked the power head&camshaft. They just did a $700 job for me to replace some seals as well. They’re offering to replace the parts and make it right. I’m not too...
  10. N2013

Looking for a cheap mooching reel for a back up

Anyone got an extra/old mooching reel kicking around they wanna get rid of? Just need an el cheepo one. Just the reel. Located in Vic.
  11. N2013

Charters in CR that run Landing Skiffs?

Can anyone recommend a charter in CR that run landing crafts in their fleet? Have a father with Parkinson’s that makes going over a gunnel impossible. Want to be able to go visit a couple spots while he still can. Thx in advance.
  12. N2013

VHF upgrade needed

I'm looking to upgrade my current VHF set up. Looking for a basic fixed radio, with a 8' tilt down antenna. Currently running a short 3' shakespeare antenna which gets bent back when it's under the tarp during the winter. Read somewhere that the radio and the antenna need to be 3' apart...
  13. N2013

Early season trip recommendations?

Any recommendations for an early season (last two weeks of May window) trip to the west coast of the island? Two nights on the hook, flexible to pick the days for a favourable weather window. Thinking Barkley or Nootka, but not familiar with either. Would like to get some salmon, can always...
  14. N2013

Anyone remove an original Bench Seat from a Double Eagle 185?

Thinking about removing the sleeper/bench seat from my 99, Double Eagle 185. Adding a pedestal. What needs to be unscrewed for the box to come out? It’s original. I’ve taken the dozen screws out from The bottom of the box But it’s still in there pretty solid. Are these sealed to the floor...
  15. N2013

Anyone got a line on fresh Sockeye?

Looking to buy half a dozen fresh Sockeye off a commercial boat/store on the island. Only place I can find is French Creek Seafood, $10/lb. Anyone else got a lead ?
  16. N2013

Scotty downriggers on sale @ Harbour Chandler

All models are $200-$300 off.
  17. N2013

Two motors at the same?

Dumb question but can I run my main & kicker at the same time? I only have one battery (27 group), no ACR. Kicker charges the battery as well.
  18. N2013

Mustang Floater Jacket XL - $20

As title states. Seen some days on the salt but Velcro & zippers work fine. $20. Pick in Colwood.
  19. N2013

Secondary transducer location question.

Can I add a second transducer right beside my current one as long as they run on different frequencies? I think it would need to go to the right of the existing one. Both are lowrance 7’s.
  20. N2013

Mustang Floater Jacket XL - $30

Mustang Floater Jacket, XL. Zippers & Velcro in good shape, rest of the jacket is in ok shape. $30 obo. Located in Colwood.
Back