Search results

1. Jaybones

2023 Sooke Reports

Are the Sablefish of a size worth keeping? I've only ever caught one before and it was about 12 inches so back it went. I would love to get into some larger ones nearby.
  2. Jaybones

2023 Sooke Reports

Fished for Hali out of Pedder this morning and left the dock at about 6. Dropped the traps in Pedder on the way out and anchored up off William head. Fished from 7 to 12 with absolutely no action, like nothing, not even a dogfish. I was with a friend who has never caught a halibut before and...
  3. Jaybones

2022 Sooke Reports

Out early this morning and tried Pedder Bay from 6:15 till 10:30 am, a couple of shakers, and one pin popper that didn't stick. Gave up on the bay and headed to Beecher Bay. Started in the bay and worked my way around to the head, had another pin popper that didn't stick then finally was able...
  4. Jaybones

2021 Sooke Reports

I lost one yesterday when the hook on my Skinny G broke as well, wasn't a huge fish either. Also not the first time this has happened. I guess will change them out straight out of the package going forward.
  5. Jaybones

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I was out Tuesday and I think I saw your float off William Head, Yellow float with another small one attached to it (red if I remember correctly) I took a quick look at it but there was a boat that was sitting nearby so I assumed it was its owner keeping a close eye on it. If I had to guess it...
  6. Jaybones

Custom made aluminum top for a 20 foot Thunder Jet

I would love to hear your guy's opinions on adding a custom-made aluminum top to my 20-foot Thunderjet. The original canopy is getting old and will need to be replaced soon, might be able to get one more season out of it. I keep the boat in the marina for the summer and wrap it in a tarp in...
  7. Jaybones

2020 Sooke Reports

Fished Saturday morning around 7 am in Pedder Bay, but nothing going on, no hits, and didn't see anyone else hookup. So headed down to Church Rock and was able to pick up a 4lb hatchery coho and released another wild one. The weather forecast looked amazing today so I decided to give it a go...
  8. Jaybones

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I tried for Hali on Friday at the Mudhole and had the same result as you. Lots of boats out there and it didn't seem like there was much going on.
  9. Jaybones

2019 Sooke Reports

Went out solo today and fished Church Rock with a few other boats. No luck and I didn't see the other boats doing much so I decided to troll out deeper and see if I could find any coho. Fished deep out in front of Church and Beecher Bay and got into a some nice schools of Coho. Had four...
  10. Jaybones

Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

Here is another link https://islandfishermanmagazine.com/dfo-announces-chinook-fishery-shutdown/
  11. Jaybones

Raffle To Raise Funds For Sooke Net Pen

I picked up my tickets on Friday, the guy at Sherwood said they are selling well!!! Nice to see the support. Get out there and get your tickets!
  12. Jaybones

Raffle To Raise Funds For Sooke Net Pen

I am in as well.
  13. Jaybones

2018 Sooke Reports

Fished Pedder bay this morning, had the lines in the water just after 6 am, lots of bait showing on the sounder. Picked up a shaker right away and released it, rebaited right away with an extra large anchovy. Minutes later had a great hit and after a great fight netted a nice Chinook just under...
  14. Jaybones

2018 Sooke Reports

Too funny, Rockdog I am glad you guys enjoyed the entertainment, you can't have a circus without the clowns. I fish a lot by myself and when fishing solo it doesn't take much for things to go sideways in a hurry. I especially find it challenging when there is any bit of wind, my aluminium boat...
  15. Jaybones

2018 Sooke Reports

Fished Pedder Bay this morning, started fishing at just after 6 am and had the first fish in the boat by 6:15, an 8 lb spring. Anchovy in a bloody nose teaser head, 65 feet on the rigger. Released a nice coho about an hour after that, it buggered up my leader so I threw on a green skinny G...
  16. Jaybones

2018 Sooke Reports

So are the sockeye only biting first thing in the am or are there bites throughout the day as well?
  17. Jaybones

2018 Sooke Reports

Fished Pedder Bay early on Sunday morning, had the lines in the water by 6:15 am. Nothing going on until around 8 am then a nice bite came on. Saw other boats with some fish on and I picked up two springs both around 11 lbs. Had another pin popper that didn't stick and lost another one right...
  18. Jaybones

gold river boat launch

Got back from Nootka yesterday, we launched at the GR boat launch, when parking my boat and trailer I noticed a boat trailer license plate hanging off bush. It looked like someone had backed their trailer into the bushes and when they drove away it got caught on a tree branch and ripped it off...
  19. Jaybones

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Got back from Nootka yesterday, we launched at the GR boat launch, when parking my boat and trailer I noticed a boat trailer license plate hanging off bush. It looked like someone had backed their trailer into the bushes and when they drove away it got caught on a tree branch and ripped it off...
  20. Jaybones

gold river boat launch

I came back yesterday and paid $20 to launch and $10 a day to park on the road.
Back