Search results

1. O

Algae bloom?

It must be an algae bloom but I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much discoloured water in Barkley and Alberni inlet. Looks like milky herring spawn. Has anyone seen it to this extent before?
  2. O

Seastar hydraulic steering helm for sale

Seastar Pro 2.0 hydraulic steering helm (HH5770-3). Was used in my 2017 boat (224 hrs). In as new condition. Lists for more than $900 plus tax. Asking $450
  3. O

Port Hardy fuel

Can anyone tell me where I should buy marine fuel for a trailered boat in Port Hardy? I'm going to be passing through on the way to Winter Harbour. Any idea what the price is right now? Thanks for any help.
  4. O

Emergency SOS device

I'm thinking of getting a Garmin Inreach or Spot X device to carry when I'm out in places without cell phone coverage. Looking for any advice or opinions on these devices and I'm especially interested in hearing of your experiences with the satellite networks Iridium (used by Garmin) and...
  5. O

Oil analysis

can anyone recommend a place to have engine oil analyzed? My Yamaha outboard is "making oil" and I want to have it analyzed to see if, as I suspect, there is fuel in the crankcase. I live on the Island but I don't know of any local company that analyzes engine oil. Thanks for any help...
Back