Search results

1. O

WTB Seastar 1.7 hydraulic helm

Thanks Ship. Good information. As I have described previously on this forum, I bought a new 23’ boat in 2017. Its steering seemed a bit stiffer than I like, most noticeably when doing multiple back and forth turns (docking). I discovered that it had a Pro helm and, because I’m an old guy...
  2. O

Yes it does. It also has slightly less turns lock to lock and slightly stiffer steering. Uses the same cylinder as the 1.7 helm. I don’t know if standard hoses will be ok with it. Maybe someone knows. Ship?
  3. O

I have a Seastar Pro 2.0 helm if you’re interested. As new Condition. $400
  4. O

Algae bloom?

Water clarity varies in the sound and the inlet from a tropical color that is slightly milky to a light brown color that has decent clarity. We spent the last few days there and found that it did not seem to be affecting fish on the outer edges of the sound. Fishing was good if you were in...
  5. O

Tales From The Tyee Pool.....2023

looking forward to your reports Dave
  6. O

Bamfield questions

Next update is on Monday
  7. O

Bamfield questions

A August 2022
  8. O

Bamfield questions

It’s 85 km. Although it’s very dusty, the road is in better shape than it’s ever been in as they prep it for chip sealing. Someday. Maybe.
  9. O

Algae bloom?

It must be an algae bloom but I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much discoloured water in Barkley and Alberni inlet. Looks like milky herring spawn. Has anyone seen it to this extent before?
  10. O

Island Fires

Oil and gas companies don’t target BC customers any differently than customers elsewhere. But it’s so easy to blame them. Oil is sold on global markets for prices that don’t differ in BC vs Alberta. If you’re looking to fix blame……. BC doesn’t have many refineries (and nobody wants them)...
  11. O

Island Fires

Can anyone from Port tell me if gasoline is readily available in town? Looks like I need to come from Barkley and make the drive through Nitinat/Cowichan Lake tomorrow. Don’t want to strike out without having a full tank in the truck
  12. O

What a difference 3/4" makes

I highly recommend Ken at Prop Gods. He knows his stuff - will want to know your current setup so he can calculate prop slip. He put me onto Powertech OFS4 for my boat and I love it. Four blade props work very well on our stern heavy fishing boats.
  13. O

ISO 4 blade Yamaha prop

The Alpha 4 is a four blade
  14. O

ISO 4 blade Yamaha prop

I have a 14.5 X 18 Alpha 4 that may work for you. New in box with a hub for Yamaha. $100
  15. O

ISO 4 blade Yamaha prop

Do you know what size (pitch and diameter) you will want?
  16. O

Campion Boats

My 215 Victoria was a 4.3L inboard and my 622 was a 200 Yamaha V6 on a pod. I preferred the outboard and the 200 worked well on that boat but I would not have wanted any less. With more than 3 adults on board the boat felt sluggish on take-off. It’s stern heavy (as is common with fishing...
  17. O

Campion Boats

I had a 215 Victoria and a 622 Explorer (same boat) for many years. Mostly fished WCVI. If you tell us the engine size and type ( inboard/ outboard), I can probably give you a bit of info.
  18. O

WTB Yamaha F300 Propeller

Agreed. I did the same to my F300 after an initial period of “making oil”. Yamaha uses 140F thermostats to try to prevent salt precipitating out inside the engine. This apparently happens less when engine temps are held down. BUT cold engine temps can prevent good piston ring seal which...
  19. O

Where to eat in Tofino?

At the present rate of progress on Bamfield road construction, it will be gravel for a long time yet.
Back