Search results

1. N

Island rivers 2023

Iv got a question about the Nanaimo river. Do the salmon head that far up ? Can they make it above the lakes? I dont think theres any waterfalls to stop them is there?
  2. N

Big Qualicum?

Are they letting coho up yet or is the numbers still low? Should i stick to beach fishing this week?
  3. N

Island rivers 2023

Whats happening mid island? Do I head to the Q or maybe the mouth of the little Q for choh or take my kids mushroom hunting instead this weekend
  4. N

Big Qualicum?

I called today as well. They say they are letting Chinook up still after they count them. But held back the giant wave of pinks from flooding it out. Now with this rain maybe the coho will start up
  5. N

Big Qualicum?

The rumor is they won't let more fish up because they have to many up already.
  6. N

Help With Shore Fishing For Pinks Vancouver Island

No sign of them in the bay yet. Seems late this year. Use to be abel to fish them off the beach in Departure bay.
  7. N

Island rivers 2023

Well the Big Q was tight lipped today. Nobody was catching anything around me.
  8. N

Island rivers 2023

Heading out tomorrow to the Q whats the word on the run? Still lots coming up?
  9. N

Island rivers 2023

Whats the word anyone on big Q? Are fresh Chinook still heading up? Was unable to go last week. And want to bring my son again.
  10. N

Island rivers 2023

10 mm different pink soft beads. I got the method from Addicted fishing
  11. N

Island rivers 2023

Big Q was busy, nothing new there. Lots of fish in the usual places. Pink soft beads for the win. Of all the fish my son and i had. Only 2 snags and one was top of head. Watches guys fire twich jigs all day and get nothing but Snags all the time.
  12. N

Help with river salmon.

So last year i tried sevral times on the Big Qualicum river to catch a salmon. And no luck. This year i tried all morning today with nothing to show for it. Id love to actually catch a salmon with my son What is the trick. Iv tried twitch jig. Float a egg, spoons and spinners. And iv only...
  13. N

Island rivers 2023

Busy at the big Q today. Lost of dark.pinks shooting around still. A few Springs pushing through but no luck for me or my son.
  14. N

Rules and Regs Question

So he doesn't need a stamp and license. But keep track of it. Makes sense. Surprisingly
  15. N

Rules and Regs Question

So quick question for freshwater. My son is 10 so i dont have to buy him a license. But to fish Salmon in the rivers do i need to get him a Salmon stamp? The book does not specify.
  16. N

Island rivers 2023

Any pinks in the Big Q yet?
  17. N

Island rivers 2023

Understood, just wanted a thred so once the rain comes we have a place to chat on a side note CR is looking good for pinks and the occasional Chinook
  18. N

Island rivers 2023

Please post your 2023 river reports
  19. N

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Iv tried jigging off my Kayak a few trips now off of neck point. And 0 salmon to show for it. Whats a key color for my jig or what am i missing. I see bait and work it but nothing.
  20. N

2023 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Heading to Alder bay across from Alert bay on Thursday. Whats the word for salmon in the channel there along the shore. Will have my kayak with me but wont be paddling far. Would my kids have any luck off the rocks in the campground?
Back