Search results

1. C

Now what???

Thanks halimark, we're loving it so far here. In regards to hunting, I was in Hinton, Alberta and I really do miss the hunting there but fishing has always been my preferred sport if I'm in a good area- Hinton wasn't great for that. Thanks for the fishing tips! CV, have been googling what local...
  2. C

Now what???

Thanks halimark, we're loving it so far here. In regards to hunting, I was in Hinton, Alberta and I really do miss the hunting there but fishing has always been my preferred sport if I'm in a good area- Hinton wasn't great for that. Thanks for the fishing tips! CV, have been googling what local...
  3. C

Now what???

Thanks RC! I moved to the Comox area in July so have been trying to get a feel for the Kitty Coleman area. Thanks for the tips, will definitely try those!
  4. C

Now what???

Hello all, I am new to Island living and just purchased an old boat recently....I'm scouring the forums for information. It sounds like the Springs are close to done, the Cohos are starting, and the Chum will follow. What other species or runs are there to look forward to for the coming...
  5. C

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Well my boat has downriggers and I must have about $500 in flashers, hootchies, spoons, and what have you. I was thinking and even going to try your suggestion Riverboy but unless everything stayed static- how would you stay in a bait ball with tides and wind and bait ball moving around? I think...
  6. C

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Hey all, thinking of wetting some lines tomorrow- only my third time out and a bit nervous to venture too far (old 17 ft K&C boat/motors, new to the salt water thing, most important may have a wife and child on board!) Ant suggestions for the Kitty coleman/ Pacific playgrounds area? Love a...
  7. C

North island reports

What's the fish the dude in the black jacket has in his left hand- also top fish in next pic? Caught a couple of those but tossed back as I didn't know what they were. I was in shallow water so knew they'd be ok...
  8. C

I had one legal Dungeness but it was a female so put her back. Great that you caught more fish- looking forward to my first salmon on the downriggers, have caught pinks, chum, and sockeye on the fly rod which was awesome but they were in rivers- want those silver fish, especially a spring!
  9. C

Nice work Prawnhunter...so what I'd like to know- did you catch anything else or is it common to go out for 4 hours and catch 1 fish? My son and I went to Pacific Playgrounds the other day hoping there were still pinks coming up the Oyster- I saw one surface and we did catch a bunch of bullheads...
  10. C

Hello all...Newbie here just moved from Hinton, AB....super stoked to be living in God's Country here! Been primarily a fly fisherman for the past 20 years but have now acquired a 17 ft glass boat and am eager to learn- have been reading pages on these forums! I live in Merville so have taken my...
Back