Search results

1. Eric Nelson

Lost in Bamfield

Well i can see that i perhaps left to early. As stated 2 sick people on boat didn't help. However i also know to use salmon heads and didn't bring any. my bad. nNot looking for inside spots. just thought people might have some common go to spots to share. I know people troll for them at Rats...
  2. Eric Nelson

Lost in Bamfield

Well I was, that is why the questions. anchored up 2 times spent 2 hours each time, salmon bellies, macro, squid, and so on . never struggled getting Hali any other time. so just putting it out there and using this forum for information. I was limited by my friends being sick for sure. I would...
  3. Eric Nelson

Lost in Bamfield

Just got back from 4 days in Bamfeild. salmon was slow inside and very short bite right on slack. we got a couple around 20lbs, lots of shakers and a few nice coho in the low teens by Beal and on the back side of Fleming. got some ling over by seabird rocks. went out to 7 mile for hali and...
  4. Eric Nelson

2016 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just got back from 4 days in Bamfeild. salmon was slow inside and very short bite right on slack. we got a couple around 20lbs, lots of shakers and a few nice coho in the low teens by Beal and on the back side of Fleming. got some ling over by seabird rocks. went out to 7 mile for hali and...
  5. Eric Nelson

2016 Tuna Adventures

Thank you for that. I will be trying that on my first time out later this month. Tuna sounds more promising then salmon this year...advice is always appreciated.
  6. Eric Nelson

2016 Tuna Adventures

Good day fellow tuna slayers... I was in the tuna shootout last year and plan on going out in August and the shoot out again in september. I learned alot last year however i never got the madness happening like others. I did run a W Patern with 4 hand lines , and 3 rods. I caught one or 2 at a...
  7. Eric Nelson

2015 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

Night Train.. This was my first time on Tuna, new boat and pretty dam green to say the least. I understood there was going to be alot of help and team work. Well there was...yes there were secrets and not alot of ## being shared when people were asking. But we were not expecting to be...
  8. Eric Nelson

2015 Tuna Adventures

thank you everyone for your help
  9. Eric Nelson

2015 Tuna Adventures

I am doing the BTS this year. my first time for Tuna. Do most people use outriggers? i was looking at the costs and felt really not worth the investment for a month of season? Perhaps Im wrong? I was going to use 3 off the back and 1 long line off each side? Any help on this? Also Bleed buckets...
  10. Eric Nelson

2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

cant find Where do you find that? i looked at regs and dont see any changes?
Back