Search results

1. cohobankie

2021 Sooke Reports

I used to get sick in wind chop, then I worked on an ambulance and had to take something. Bonine has been a godsend. No alcohol two days before, a whole pill the night before and a half or whole in the morning, another whole the that night and I am good for days. Patch was too much for me.
  2. cohobankie

Bamfield Theft

The people of Poett's are great the summer residents are great. I am guessing just a fluke but I hate buying new stuff unnecessarily. Special place Poett's. Look forward to bringing my boys there when they grow up a bit.
  3. cohobankie

Bamfield Theft

Maybe because I am a Yankee....It was a bummer.
  4. cohobankie

Bamfield Theft

I take it all out. Was at Poett's once and someone decided to take my nice downrigger clips. DR are all security bolded bases but the riggers come off everything comes out of my boat. At home the kicker comes off every time. Big PIA but I don't want to buy a new one because someone decided...
  5. cohobankie

Amazon down rigger braid.

Ebay braid, have had it on for years, never lost a ball. 200#
  6. cohobankie

Hoochie talk.

coho single with the hook past the tentacles. Coho attack the back, Kings mid-body.
  7. cohobankie

Cyclone Flasher.

Love seeing winner gear that is beat to hell and back. My green cohokillers look like those and they outfish all the other killers even though half the paint is gone.
  8. cohobankie

You like like me. I have a collection of those old ones I got from estate sales. The cut plug I have in 3" and 4". Had a kid so now they just sit collection dust in a box for now.
  9. cohobankie

Beach Journal 2018

Love the redeye's
  10. cohobankie

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Morning will be calm heat toward Meares bluff 85ft on the DR or Kirby Pt 40ft on the DR. Have fun wish I was in your place now. Number of years ago we fished purple label herring in a echip head and spanked them at Meares. If they are there they will eat.
  11. cohobankie

18' Boat in Ucluelet. Good idea or no?

Took my 18ft glasply up there two years, sadly haven't been back, we did fine in that craft. I will echo what others mentioned. Watch the mid-day and late afternoon NW wind. Otherwise you might get stuck behind meares until they die down in the evening. We discovered...
  12. cohobankie

Right handed fishing reels

I'm 100% lefty and no damn way I can reel with a LH reel. I don't even own one. I lost an opportunity to get a Columbia springer because I couldn't reel LH. Thank god all of you RH'ers reel incorrectly. I may be a lefty but I do things the Right Way.
  13. cohobankie

What kind of Braided line??

I run 50# bright blue power pro and my wife is set up with FINS bright pink. Both have 45ft/13.7m of topshot. Both catch fish. Color doesn't seem to matter. I also have some white jerry brown. It is the softest of the lot. Get to know your knots.
  14. cohobankie

Gibbs spoons

Oh I didn't think about the flashers. I was just speaking of lures. I like those flashers but have never seen something like that. I enjoy that they have ball bearing swivals but forget the swivals, your pic speaks volumes. The crappy pic in my avatar was a 25# king I found in tight at kirby. I...
  15. cohobankie

Gibbs spoons

This is a funny thread. Who wants only one spoon? My best one are the ones missing the most paint, which makes you question the need for new ones. I have a few cohokillers that have been retired. Two green splatterbacks that have no paint on their tail just the brass spoon. Yes the hooks kinda...
  16. cohobankie

2017 Fraser Chinook Escapement Comparison

Well your issues mimic ours down south. Between our indians and yours, as well as the huge Alaska haul on a rebounding stock everywhere, I bet if will be a few years before we see decent numbers. The blob hit hard and the gamies everywhere should have reduced the commies take everywhere. AK...
  17. cohobankie

2017 Tuna Adventures

Did some more homework and that blue water is still far out. Best chloro shot is in Wa. off Long Beach. Doesn't look too far. The SW wind we have been having should help your cause. Or just come down to Washington. One of the best bait stops we ever had was in greenwater. You could see the...
  18. cohobankie

2017 Tuna Adventures

http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=wa
  19. cohobankie

Hoochies

Whats the make and model # and size of those beak hooks. Look tough to shake.
Back