Search results

1. B

Boat tops and insurance

no kidding, one client had a little triangle corner windshield broken by a kid & rock. since no one makes the same size curved window, they had to custom order a whole new front windshield from the "wisconsin" maker, install it, and because the boat cover no longer fit, the insurance company...
  2. B

Boat tops and insurance

your boat insurance may have a lower dedutible than your home policy. Your home policy will cover damage only up to about 2,000 or 3,000, depending on the company. A claim with your home policy will lose your claims free discount, so your rates may go up. Just a reminder, just cause your...
  3. B

does anybody build new windshields 4 double eagles

604-944-1616 is their number, They are often at the Vancouver Boat show (where I got Angelo's card) www.ajr-windows.com
  4. B

USA Boat

Taxes: in BC tax is payable on both trailer and boats if bought as a package, and collected when the trailer is registered for your ICBC plate. Any taxes that are paid at the border are deducted from that total. Sometimes the border collects both taxes, usually only GST. Only good way around...
  5. B

CANUCKS'- 2010

well with next 4 and 9 of next 12 at home, we can look forward to Canucks increasing lead in NW division, maybe the conference? Im okay with almost .500 on the road, given the last few years, that is an improvement.
  6. B

CANUCKS'- 2010

Well you were right about Habs winning by two goals....
  7. B

registration papers on boat

You have a choice of registering the same K #s to your name when you purchase a boat, or get the new BC#s. It is not a "title document" (such as bill of sale, etc.) but is for "identification purposes" and required by law. If you are a "working" boat ( at any time during the year) then you DO...
  8. B

Shipping/Transporting a Boat from the Eastern USA

Don't you have to be a US resident to purchase insurance for a vessel in the US? I think we had to get our insurance through the shipping company. I also got a copy of the policy and called their broker to see if in fact the insurance was valid and the claims history before we hired the guy...
  9. B

boats someone should buy

regarding paying the taxes, there have been a few changes that most ICBC brokers should keep up with. When you buy a boat and trailer, we are required to collect PST/GST, now HST on the whole package. when you import a boat, the border people have flip flopped on collecting tax on the boat...
  10. B

Buying A Boat In The USA

just a few updates and tips to add to the wonderfull list of how to import a boat. I have 2 clients actively doing it this week. You do not need to get a 10 day ICBC binder for the trailer. It only covers the damage to the trailer - get the boat insured to include the trailer. 10 day binder...
  11. B

Boat Insurance - Vancouver.

Thanks guys for the referral, glad to help out. Our Website is www.Coronationinsurance.com where you will find a kwik quote form to print, complete and fax or email me. I will choose from several companies and find a good match for you. I do have cheap, and I do have great coverage and claims...
  12. B

Shipping/Transporting a Boat from the Eastern USA

Excellant advice on shipping. Many of my clients brought boats up from the states, as the price of repos, and sell offs make it very attactive. I can also recommend that you obtain a copy of the truckers "Motor Cargo Policy" which means that your boat, their cargo, will be insured by their...
Back