Search results

1. TipUp

2023 Tuna Adventures

Great tuna trip to Winter Harbour with Oli's a few days ago. Left the dock at 530 and ran out 35 miles to where the action was the previous couple of days. Lots of birds diving for bait and tuna jumping all over. Started out pretty slow with two tuna caught in the first 2 hours. Had one break...
  2. TipUp

Favorite Picture from 2023 fishing season

First albacore trip was a success out of Winter Harbour!
  3. TipUp

Mooring Buoy

I have a 18" mooring buoy, no chains or hardware just the float. Good condition $200 located in Nanaimo
  4. TipUp

2023 Tuna Adventures

Heard last week that guys out of Bamfield were getting tuna 60 miles out but was still spotty. I'm heading to WH next weekend with Oli's hoping for some good action. Looks like the warmer water is closer in then on the south-west island (at least thats what the Windy app says. I think a...
  5. TipUp

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Oysters and calamari are amazing too.
  6. TipUp

Spent 5 nights at Imperial Eagle Lodge from August 22 to the 26th. All the usual spots were very productive. We caught most of our fish at Whittlestone, Kirby, and Swale. Springs ranged from 10 to 25 pounds and coho were a nice size too I'd say they averaged 6 to 8 pounds. All of the action came...
  7. TipUp

Fishing continues to be red hot out in the sound. The bait is very small so small spoons have been the ticket. The kitchen sink wee gee has been our top producer at 40 to 60 feet. All the regular spots seem to be producing with Whittlestone, Kirby, and Swale being the best for us. The springs...
  8. TipUp

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Agreed fresh pink is delicious. Cooked a whole fish last night and found it keeps the meat moist. The backbone pulled out easy too. Was surprised to see some pink a bit coloured up already.
  9. TipUp

At Gower right now looking for springs. Hot scrappy pink bite with pink hootchies at 60 feet. Nice and calm.
  10. TipUp

That absolutely could be done using GIS software namely Arc GIS Online. I'm sure in other jurisdictions its been done for sportfishing. It would be soo much clearer for the average person that can't decipher DFOs mess of a website.
  11. TipUp

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Its weird sometimes fish aren't around structure at all. Like fishing in Nootka where you sometimes hammer fish mid-channel. Find the bait find the fish 😁
  12. TipUp

Fished RC from 3 to 530 today. Hooked up on 3 fish likely pinks but nothing landed. Pink hootchies 35 feet.
  13. TipUp

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Bait and springs have been right on the bottom in around 100 feet of water. Small spoons have been the ticket. The springs seem to be concentrated around structure.
  14. TipUp

No it was there for a second and gone. Reminds me of the crazy coho fishing in the past off Ucluelet.
  15. TipUp

Had a coho come up to the surface to grab a white hootchie while setting the rigger.
  16. TipUp

Fished this morning between CRC and Worlcombe. Kept 5 hatchery coho and released around 5 more wild coho. The best action was on white hootchies anywhere between 45 and 55 feet. Lumpy out but worth it.
  17. TipUp

Campbell River or Comox guide

Island Pursuit Sport Fishing in Comox
  18. TipUp

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Fished last night at the fingers for a few hours. Quite slow but saw a few fish caught. Any reports from Entrance way?
  19. TipUp

2023 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Haven't had much luck with traps in McNeill but you can pick crabs up at low tide in McNeill Bay just inside of Ledge Point. Just wade the shallows with a net and bucket, I've even seen people use hockey sticks 😆 The mouth of the Nimpkish would likely have crabs too.
  20. TipUp

What's with the clipped coho?

Over the last couple weeks off Nanaimo I'd probably say the ratio clipped to unclipped is close to 50/50. The wild fish are definitely bigger though around 6 pounds compared to the 3 pound hatchery.
Back