Search results

1. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Anyone been out lately? I’m heading out for the weekend, one last day of bottom fishing friday and then hopefully there are still some salmon around Thrasher. Prawning has been good, but a lot of them and berried right now. 400 in 6hrs on Sunday.
  2. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

They were right at the start or Louden canyon. I took some pretty amazing video as well, I’ll just have to find a way to get it up with decent quality. Today was slower, pretty good action right away with 6 in an hour then it died off completely and we got 1 more before we went and did black...
  3. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

Another nice day on the water today. 32 fish but only a couple over 20.
  4. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

Great day out there today, we landed a bunch over 20lbs. Tomorrow and Wednesday also looking very promising for weather. Biggest derby fish of the day was 30.8.
  5. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

It was pretty good, maybe a 1m swell and a slight chop. Today was gross, only 9 boats went out and most were back early. Things are looking decent for tomorrow and Tuesday.
  6. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

Day 1 of the derby in the book. The fish this year are way bigger. 35 and a 33.9 came in.
  7. StupidityKills

Fraser river sockeye

I've been checking the fisheries notices quite often and the latest fisheries notice finally has promising news for a recreational sockeye opening. Any guesses on what we will see for an opening date? "There are Late run Sockeye harvest opportunities being planned for commercial and...
  8. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

Hopefully it stays that way, forecast now looks like the warm water is getting further away right as the derby starts.
  9. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Got out this morning off Grande. A lot less of the small fish around it seems. 1 shaker then a fish around the 50cm size before we landed a nice 75cm fish. UV white hoochie at 135'.
  10. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Does this help at all? Looks to me like there is a big chinook non retention area and another large area with no salmon fishing allowed until November. Seems to be open east of Moresby in a small section? Coho map: https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/co-chq/18-co-chq-eng.pdf...
  11. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

As of now its closed with no scheduled opening for commercial or sport. https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=262803&ID=all
  12. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

From Trasher to Grande. Caught most of the fish closer to Grande/Silva Bay entrance. Did get in to a ton of Yellowtail rockfish out near the reefs though.
  13. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Got out Friday night, started off a bit rough but the wind completely died off. Once again a ton of small fish around. Ended up switching from spoons to glow white hoochie and landed a 70cm fish at 845pm. Weather was pretty bad this morning but managed a 65cm fish on the same glow white hoochie.
  14. StupidityKills

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Fished Saturday morning off Gabriola. The bite was definitely on early but just a ton of undersized Chinook. Ended up jigging up some rockfish and released a few undersized lings. Prawning was hot, easy limit of nice sized spot prawns.
  15. StupidityKills

2022 Tuna Adventures

Any info on this year's race for the blue? The site still has last year's info. I thought registration was supposed to be next month.
  16. StupidityKills

dropping/lowering mooring anchor??

We just pushed ours off the pod. We ended up just hoping for the best and it worked out. I was considering tieing a scotsman and dropping it down to land upright, then cutting the rope after but didnt bother. Completely off topic, but what part of Ruxton? I'm in Herring Bay.
  17. StupidityKills

ISO: Looking for a place that services trailers

I've used Island Spring in Ladysmith a few times and they seemed good.
  18. StupidityKills

Favourite picture from 2021 salmon season

Heading out off Gabriola Pass when we had the forest fire smoke blow in.
  19. StupidityKills

2021 Tuna Adventures

Leaderboard after Day 1. Tons of small fish and a handful of big guys. Pretty gross out today, quite a few stayed in and lots back early. Tomorrow looks better though.
  20. StupidityKills

2021 Tuna Adventures

Little warm up before RFTB.
Back