Search results

1. S

Crossing the straight this week

I spent the last several days on Mayne. It’s always seemed to flatten out decently in the evening. Flat calm once you’re in the islands.
  2. S

2023 Gulf Island Reports

Heard pinks were heavy there. Are they still around?
  3. S

2022 Gulf Island Reports

The Interior of the Gulf Islands are typically okay in most wind conditions even when quite bad but it depends on the direction of the wind and the current direction and strength and how open the passage is.
  4. S

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Any luck for the fella fishing off Collinson this lovely evening?
  5. S

2021 Sidney Reports

Derby report anyone?
  6. S

2020 Gulf Island Reports

yup. Just check the killer whale and rock fish zones and you’re good to go. DFO has been around. Got checked today.
  7. S

2020 Nanaimo Reports

I think I’ve seen those little lings before. Glad you got the traps back buds.
  8. S

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

What are you...In some kind of Deadbeat dad group? Bummer about everyone catching around u. Hat when that happens.
  9. S

2020 Gulf Island Reports

Pretty sure Area 18 is open. All the way to south Saturna;)
  10. S

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Now you’re talking.Matt was just complaining at the hockey game that you need a proper fishing boat;)
  11. S

Good boat welder in Sidney

Anybody know of a good boat welder in Sidney. Need a couple of holes in the old aluminum patched up. Will also try to get it to a mechanic there as well if there is a shop that people on this forum recommend. Much appreciated.
  12. S

Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

I think this is a fair negotiating tactic that should be used by SFI and other groups.Dont support the pipeline but a lot of local people are getting screwed by these regs and this needs to be recognized and acknowledged.
  13. S

Strait of Georgia Anglers - Please turn in your Clipped Coho Heads!!

The recent reg. changes aren’t helping your case...
  14. S

Rally Against DFO In Planning For July Long Weekend

I will definitely be doing the same.
  15. S

smelly jelly

Any ideas on cleaning the stuff off lines.I think that is why I’ve had a heck of a time with release clips. Dish soap fly line cleaner? Once I’ve cleaned lines I’m going to be using a Qtips for sure.
  16. S

How come the rec sector isn’t sueing? We need to effectively pool our money together. As for a fish in, if the Pender Bluffs idea is off I’ll likely drop the lines without a hook Saturday AM of the July Long and think I’ll do a few tacs off Collinson/Helens point end of Active Pass. I’m based...
  17. S

Haha.Glad others appreciated my idea;) I think that the Saturday of the long weekend is a good place to start for any large scale protest. If it ends up being small (at Pender Bluffs) then fine would prefer it be a bigger coadtwide event or at the very least South Coast in and around Van and...
  18. S

SFI-BC Message Re. DFO Fishing Closures & Reg Changes

Totally agree.As I postedon the other thread, Saturday morning of the July long weekend we meet doing a troll along the pender bluffs then do a flotilla up through the islands and Active Pass turning around at Sturdies bay then end it at the coast guard Dfo station on Saltspring. Going along the...
Back