Search results

1. Mark L

What to expect in Egmont?

Yeah that's only if you were to head to Narrows inlet/Salmon inlet way but currents will be strong at the marina. Heading down Jervis way would be the way to go.
  2. Mark L

What to expect in Egmont?

You'll be right close to the Skookumchuck rapids. Definitely print off a tide/Current chart and keep it in the boat. Anything over an 8ish knot ebb it turns into a pretty dangerous place. Pretty key to know the slack times if you happen to go venturing that way. Just had a look and it will be...
  3. Mark L

Mill Bay Derby

Haha...I tried trolling for a couple hours inside the bay but knew better than too try making it across the inlet. It was a washing machine out there. So I chose living to fish another day!
  4. Mark L

Do you loose sleep after loosing a fish?

Definitely lost a couple winks here and there but.....what really gets me... and it happens at least once a month is when you're trolling along on a beauty day.....you see that rod bouncing and know this is a BIG hit. I quickly reach for that rod and almost roll right off the couch and...
  5. Mark L

2019 Gulf Island Reports

Anything under a 4 ft tide will get dicey.
  6. Mark L

Slot limit announced....

I think between us all we could pool enough cash together and hire John Wick, Liam Neeson, or someone to that affect and have them "handle this". At the very least get the truth out of these f@$&ing nitwits!
  7. Mark L

Salmon derbies flounder under stricter Chinook regulations

I meant to write something up about this earlier. I'm truly pissed and embarrassed by this write and feel I was duped by the lil weasel that wrote it. The guy approached me at the end of the derby...told me writes for the Vancouver sun and wanted to do a write up about the derby. Right from the...
  8. Mark L

Got the paint from a local shop but I know Walmart stocks it now. Think I got the eyes from Bucky's sports.
  9. Mark L

Some chewed up spoons that I painted over the winter. Can't wait to put some hours on em.
  10. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

Haha! Give or take 28. I'm not but for that brief second when it came over the rail I felt like one:p
  11. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

I looked around after the chaos and total elation and seen abset of binos on me and probably a half dozen boats in the vicinity. My buddy that works the docks and busted his butt to set up the event said he received a phone call that evening by one the entrants complaining that I must have...
  12. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

I caught in Satellite channel heading back towards Wain rock 75ft right on bottom. I was out at 110ft but was kinda getting squeezed in by a boat on my starboard side... figured I'd let him pass me as they were going a bit faster than me. So if not for that I probably would've missed it. Thx...
  13. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

Haha....thanks THX. It held up.
  14. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

Out for the Saanich inlet derby. Only one bite so far but she was a gooder! 19.7lbs on an AP sandlance.
  15. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

there's still 9 tickets left as of closing time today. The dock is open until 7p.m. tomorrow night.
  16. Mark L

2019 Sidney Reports

Anyone here gearing up for the Saanich inlet derby? Looks like the weather is going to cooperate other than the chilly first couple hours in the morning.
  17. Mark L

A batch of AP spoons I painted up over the last week. Am by no means artsy and were done with some glow paint I found awhile back, spraybomb, and dollar store brushes and paints. Cant wait for this weather to **** off so I can try em out.
  18. Mark L

Beach Fishing etiquette

What do you guys is an appropriate distance to give your fellow angler. My thought has always been that you and the guy beside shouldn't be able to overlap casts.....seems reasonable eh?
  19. Mark L

Beach Fishing etiquette

I'm sure some of you have had a googan or two make you grit your teeth at your sweet spot one time or another. Anchoring yourself so not to drift into another dudes zone is a good one. Thought this might help educate .
  20. Mark L

Dumb questions at the boat ramp

Q: When do the smoked salmon come through here? A: I have no words
Back