Search results

1. B

Sturgeon rods for sale

Can send actual pics of the gear but here are the exact models. https://www.cabelas.ca/product/70565?productVariantId=206143&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqIeCqv3p4QIVwB-tBh0l3glQEAQYAiABEgJHo_D_BwE http://www.amundson.ca/gfishingrods/19
  2. B

Sturgeon rods for sale

Selling a pair of heavy rods 8’ Amundsen sturgeon 4-8oz / 40-80 lbs with Penn Squall 40LD. Spooled with 100 lbs braided. One is left other is right handed. $200/each or $350/pair Only selling because I’m moving away for a couple years. Located South Surrey Message me for pics.
  3. B

Prawn Traps FS

Selling: 2 square box style of prawn traps. Believe they are promars. Both have 400’ leadcore line and a red/white float with MY name on it. $75/each firm Both prawn traps for $150 and I’ll throw in my box crab trap which is going for $35 with 100’ leadcore lone and a red/white float. All...
  4. B

Rough Idle after each run

May be the IAC.. Incase you haven't located the IAC yet, it’s on the port side and it’s the unit which sucks in puffs of air. When you cover the air inlet, you should feel suction and notice your motors idle rpm change atleast momentarily. There isn't much to clean on the iac and if it is the...
  5. B

Water separator is easy, just on the starboard side of the motor is the unit which filters the fuel before its fed to the block. This unit has a drain valve where you can drain out any built up water but it’s rare unless youre running ethanol based fuel or let fuel sit for long periods and not...
  6. B

Sounds like a similar issue i had which turned out to be the thermostat stuck open. A small twig was sucked up and stuck in the thermostat so the motor ran cold. While at idle speed, it ran rough but at higher rpms the motor wanted the thermostat open so it ran smooth.
  7. B

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Lotta just unders. Got one last two outtings while tatgeting sox. Should be good this fall and or next year.
  8. B

Scratched out 3 with a double header to end the early afternoon. Ride back in was a bit choppy on the south arm. Tides were ripping out.
  9. B

One in the bucket. Missed the double header. Swells still rolling.
  10. B

Out at sandheads now. Winds light rnoigh but swells are decent in spots. Beatable in my 16 footer. Gauntlet of commi’s in the river
  11. B

Tugboat sinks in north arm Aug 14, 2018

Did the tug captain forget to screw on the gas cap?
  12. B

Seems like it’s a bit early but the Weather app says the next couple days will start blowing so I made my way out. Fished sandheads 11-5. Drop in bite for a just under Chinook. As said, turned on around 2. Went 1 for 3 on socks. Tough losing two during a double header.
  13. B

Thanks. Think I found the ‘separate fisheries notice’ that was referenced in FN0666. The retention notice isnt very specific. Assuming the retention refers to all of the entire areas in the title (FN0682). “Retention of sockeye in marine recreational fisheries is scheduled to begin on August 1...
  14. B

When will Area 29 open? After next meeting August 3rd?
  15. B

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Looks like the test nets are starting to produce. If we're using the early run pinks as an example, the 2015 year had a large early push of pinks but the run came up short. The 2013 year however started later similar to the current time of year and continued to produce through august. The...
  16. B

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Spent the day from QB, HITW, and South Bowen. Shaker at the QB 30 ft then jetted to the Hole for the afternoon. Got a 9# keeper down 100ft and one more lost on a head shake before it slowed down at the low tide and then tried south end of bowen before calling it quits. It paid off with another...
  17. B

Boat accident separation point

I think i mentionned this before, but i tie a length of rope that allows me to move around the boat freely. Tie that to a stern cleat, add a loop to the end so i can attach a carabiner to my pfd or belt loop, and attach the killcord to a second loop on the rope with enough distance so when...
  18. B

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was out 1-4 today running around the sound. Dropped two pots and still working on prawning. Pulled the first after a short hour and had a good dozen (half females went back. Second trap soaked a couple hours but only 1 to show. Definitely looks like a good time of year for the rec prawns. Marked...
  19. B

How the salt makes me feel.

Eating hardy foods the night before then eating light the day of, Google search it for a lot more tips, different things work for different people. If I'm out there frequently in season, I get used to the motion. If I go out after a long time on land, I can get a lot more finicky. Also I find it...
  20. B

Storage in lower mainland

I park in a storage depot that has parking Stalls. Not covered but secure and the lot I'm on now I can go in at 5am til midnight, even holidays. Where you looking to store?
Back