Search results

1. M

Toyota Tacoma Camping Ideas???

I have a Tacoma Double Cab, and this is what I have. Purchased it for all the reasons you stated. The front deck is made to hold a quad. The rails come off and make ramps for the ATV. I also have a 10ft inflatable with with a hard floor that folds up into a case, then I can load it on the...
  2. M

applying registration stickers

i agree with FD. You can do anything yourself, but there are people who do this for a living. Just like FD said, most of these guys will print out all your numbers on one sheet, and slap it on nice, straight and perfect. It is a lot cheaper than most people think. As far as your hull numbers...
  3. M

Browns Bay Chum Derby

Dates are out for the 2011 CHUM DERBY Oct 21-22
  4. M

Prop guard

Dont get me wrong, I think the Bite Me Too is an alright product and it is not overly expensive, but if I could jump in the ol time machine and do it all over again, I would spend a little bit more cash, get a stainless prop guard that also secures to the skeg. To each his own. Cheers
  5. M

Prop guard

Bite Me Too is a good product, but the Mac's are better. SG Power carries Bite Me Too in stock and obviously the biggest seller is the Yammy 9.9. I have replaced a couple of these, and in my opinion the only problem is they are aluminum and dont bolt to the skeg on your kicker, only to the...
  6. M

Pender Island Prawning

Hey, heading over to Otter Bay on Pender Island for the week. Wondering if it is worth my while to bring my prawn traps with me. Is there any good prawning grounds in this area? Thanks Mad Shepherd
  7. M

Fiberglass repairs

I had Jenkins Marine do some fiberglass and gel coat repairs to my boat last year. I was happy with the quality of the work but really have nothing to compare it to, as it was the one and only time I have had a repair like that done on my boat. As well I had a bunch of other work done too, so...
  8. M

Best Bottom Paint to use

I will also give Micron CSC the thumbs up. Changed to it, 2 years ago from interlux "bottom kote" I think, and although a lot more costly, CSC is just a way better product. If you are trailering your boat, on/off etc.. CSC takes that really well, and also takes being out of the water as well...
  9. M

Anyone have an Inflatable for Sale???

Inflatible I have an Achilles Inflatable along with a 2 Hp Johnson, I would be willing to part with. I would have to check the specs again, as I haven't had it out since last season. It is 10'4", rigid floor (wood), Hypalon material, inflatable keel, 3 air compartments excluding the floor...
  10. M

Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Out yesterday (monday) for the first time this season. Fished Whirl Bay at first light for a couple of hours, no bites, no bait on the screen. Ran down in front of Sooke Harbour and tossed back a shaker and bonked a 6.5 lb within the slot limit. Hooked a couple more down at Otter but tossed...
  11. M

Hydraulic Steering wanted

X2 on Wolf's post,(may not be same place but same area). Coast Industrial Parts 562 Dupplin Road (across from Mayfair). I had to replace some parts on my Seastar system, and also have some custom made, (changed fitting angles to reduce rubbing/stress) and Seastar wanted a lot of $$$. I have...
  12. M

Something New To Try With A Spoon

It makes sense that it would probably work, but I would think that this is not something new and that lots of people have tried it before, as you could mix up some colours. I am curious about the action it would produce, probably a little bit reduced from what the normal spoon would produce. I...
  13. M

2000-23Ft WellCraft Coastal

I have a century 2200, which is similar in length, layout and weight to a Well Craft 23, and I have a 225 yamaha on it, which will push the boat at 40 Mph. If you go on the Well Craft web site and look at the boat, they say that max horsepower is 300. I think a 225 would be more than...
  14. M

Marine Stereo and speakers for free

No problem. If it doesn't work out can you fire me a PM, as I probably wont be checking up on the thread. thanks
  15. M

Marine Stereo and speakers for free

Nedarb2: I now esora replied before me, but I am interested in the speakers not the deck. I have the same speakers, and while trailering up to the Browns Bay Chum Derby this year, somehow one of the speaker grills vibrated loose, flew out, and I lost it? Anyways, so now I have a set of...
  16. M

Rod Recommendation

Trotac in Victoria stocks a lot of Shimano Techniums. As well, just looked at the Steveston Marine christmas flyer that just came out, and they have Fenwick HMX 10'6" on sale right now for $99, which ar IM7. Never used the HMX before, but held them in the store and they do have a pretty good...
  17. M

Spot Satellite GPS Messenger

Good point Halilogger, my understanding of DSC is the same, but I think some of the more expensive DSC's have GPS built in, but most have to be connected to your GPS/Chartplotter to give current position.
  18. M

Good point on the X-mas thing Pippen. I kind of kick myself for not putting a thread up on this site when I bought this thing. I was going to buy it at the start of next season, but at the end of October I went into West Marine for something else and saw that they had them on sale for $155...
  19. M

I believe when it fires a message it is either an e-mail with a link to google maps which will have your GPS co-ordinates or an SMS text which includes your GPS co-ordinates. As far as working off shore, that shouldn't be an issue, in theory as long as it can see the sky, it uses GPS sattelites...
  20. M

So with the basic package, can you still track the person online via google maps? I'll have to remember to turn the thing off before I get caught fishing in the 17 mile pub!
Back