Search results

1. knucklebuster

stainless fishing pliers ?

Lots of great info here. Thankyou. Seems most have the same issue. I have lots of pliers and cutters on board, so, before spending a pile of $$$ I decided to get a can of fluid film to keep things working. I'll be researching a bunch of the suggestions you have posted.
  2. knucklebuster

stainless fishing pliers ?

I'm trying to find a good quality needle nose fishing plier. something that can remove hooks, cut line etc. Something that won't rust up in a week. What do you guys use?
  3. knucklebuster

Cow Bay crab thiefs

log booms along the north shore. they don't cut clean cuts through leaded line
  4. knucklebuster

Cow Bay crab thiefs

I've considered just that. When I get new traps
  5. knucklebuster

Cow Bay crab thiefs

1 clean cut. Right next to the float. no damage to float
  6. knucklebuster

Cow Bay crab thiefs

Probably not crab thiefs. Should say trap thiefs. Lost 2 traps in the past week but found the floats from 1 trap. The rope hade been cleanly cut right under the float. This happened in Cowichan Bay near Wilcuma/Cherry point Marina area. Anyone else had issues out that area lately?
  7. knucklebuster

Heating a small boat

I have a buddy heater I put in the cuddy. Nice and warm for when you need to use the potty. and the heat comes out to where you steer from. I also have built in tank that vents out transom area. I wouldn't use it if I smelled gasoline.
  8. knucklebuster

Word grilse

I grew up fishing in the gulf islands. Mainly Active Pass area. late 60's and up to right now. We always used 'Grilse' but don't hear it as much now. When I do hear it , some say it with a 'grilsss' sound. others with a 'grilze'
  9. knucklebuster

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Perfect! That's what I was looking for thanks
  10. knucklebuster

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Could someone help explain the areas affected by this for areas 29-4 and 29-5 ? The regs give lat and long but it would be nice to know what that actually included. thanks
  11. knucklebuster

power trim quit

turns out it was the pump motor $$$$$
  12. knucklebuster

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Ling and rock fish are closed until May 1 Burgoyne and Maple bay both are RCAs. That means NO fishing of any kind. Go to DFOs site and you can print out the maps of the RCAs Good idea to carry them around in the boat with you.
  13. knucklebuster

power trim quit

would be sweet if that's all it was. Boats in water now so will have to pull it to check it. It worked fine Friday then Saturday wouldn't go down. I'm concerned about the pump motor since its rusty and sits in the water
  14. knucklebuster

power trim quit

is that the ground wire on the trim pump?
  15. knucklebuster

power trim quit

9.9 yammy 4 stroke. power trim just stopped working. I can feel a click like maybe a solenoid but nothing from trim pump
  16. knucklebuster

Wanted- used commercial traps

how much you askin ?
  17. knucklebuster

Looking for a couple used commercial traps thanks
  18. knucklebuster

Vancouver dragon boaters concerned about safety after 'reckless' charter encounter

I don't have the regulations in front of me but I thought a sailboat had to give way to a vessel with fishing lines in the water. The fishing vessel is the less maneuverable vessel.
  19. knucklebuster

commercial crab traps

have you got any of these traps left?
  20. knucklebuster

Had another trap pilfered from Cow Bay. along with 150' of yellow leaded line I'm wanting to purchase some used commercial traps. any leads are appreciated
Back