Search results

1. Heavyc

2020 Winter Harbour Reports

Tried at Kains today before wind made it unfishable (totally opposite from the forecast this morning). Ended up picking up a nice teener & a pair of feisty coho at Cliffe pt. Took a pass around Koskimo Bay to see if the coho were in there yet, and they're not.
  2. Heavyc

Boat For Sale

Here's a link to my centre console boat for sale. Style similar to the campion centre consoles, but a deeper V. Totally rigged out for fishing. HMU if you have Q's. Boat is located in Port Hardy, but will consider delivering to south island. https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/boa/6938692370.html
  3. Heavyc

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Saw a long line getting set out front of the airport on Tuesday.
  4. Heavyc

Item Sold, Please Delete

Item Sold, Please Delete
  5. Heavyc

2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Fished today at Hardy, and all the Sund's Lodge (Sointula) boats were here. Guess it must be slow in McNeill.
  6. Heavyc

How Tasty Is Your Bait?

Funny story, i came home from work & the wife was cooking up the salmon belly strips i intended for halibut.
  7. Heavyc

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Out yesterday at Duval from 730-10am. 3 springs to the boat between 8-14lbs. Saw lots of action in other boats. Didn't have any luck with the ho's, only a couple of shaker springs too.
  8. Heavyc

HALIBUT CLOSURE

Can't post a link, but it's in this group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/132206490223693/ Seller is from Alert Bay. I'm not trying to input any bias about FN selling food fish.
  9. Heavyc

HALIBUT CLOSURE

More 'fresh halibut' for sale on North Island facebook pages.
  10. Heavyc

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

Coho starting into the marble/rupert & a few in CH proper @spring fever However, regs still at 2 pp pd right now. Didn't get upped to 4 like previous years on Sept 1.
  11. Heavyc

Wtb shimano convergence tips

If the oval sticker above the cork is below the lacquer, it's a lifetime warranty.
  12. Heavyc

Trolling methods for pinks

Lil pink squirt 36in behind the flasher. Or when casting into them, I use the petite pink buzz bomb with a trimmed pink squirt hoochie between the bumper & hook.
  13. Heavyc

I highly doubt Stephen ck are in yet. They're usually 1st week of sept. I may run out that way tomorrow to take a look.
  14. Heavyc

Hooks for Anchovy Teaser Rigs

For teasers I run glow head, jdf pins, gammy treble followed by a gamy single trailer. I haven't had many foul ups with the net catching the trailer & the fish getting off. I switched from a larger siwash J hook & swivel as the treble allows me to hook it's back & get my chovie roll on. My 2c.
  15. Heavyc

Water distance from PA or CH to cliffe pt is the same. Benefit of going to CH is that you don't have that twisty janky road to go through. Downside is parking. Parking in CH can be atrocious. I'm likely going to be met with that tomorrow as I plan to go out of there in the AM. PA has decent...
  16. Heavyc

put it neutral or keep trolling?

Like a lot of answers here, I agree that it really depends. My dad is a 'neutral' fisherman, but recently he's been coming around. I've developed into an attitude that really changes due to current conditions, boat, foot area available, and fighter. With big fish, it's always good to be away...
  17. Heavyc

Pink Tracker Thread

Decent pinks starting to show up in hardy bay right now. On top of that had a 15lb chromer slab hit on the pink squirt at daphne yesterday afternoon. My buddies 10yr old son fought & landed it like a pro. Fun stuff.
  18. Heavyc

KatieB depends on what your targeting. I've seen boats jigging on the west side of Drake island, but we've never stopped there. I'd be willing to bet the Coho will be massing around Koskimo Bay right now, just watch out for the sand bar if you troll in close. Cliffe pt tight to the kelp between...
Back