Search results

1. R

Lest We Forget

Let’s remember those who fought for our freedom and never came home. Lest we forget!
  2. R

Kicker and Sonar Interferance

I've got a Garmin 942xs with GT21 transducer and a 9.9 Suzuki kicker. With my main engine running, Suzuki 140hp, Garmin picture is clear in both 200 and 50KHz. When running the Kicker and at medium-high RPM, the screen goes completely blue in the 200 mode. I can track my DR balls when switched...
  3. R

Fat Bear Week - Brooks Fall Live Cam

Don't forget to vote for for your favorite fat bear this week. :) https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brooks-live-chat
  4. R

Anyone Looking for a Yeti Cooler?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/thousands-of-yeti-coolers-are-washing-up-on-the-alaskan-shore/ar-AA123yVO?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=a5fdd9186dd047b4987033fdf5ed75d1
  5. R

For Sale Trophy XL Rods and Reels

Selling my backup combo as I've moved to a pair of TMX5 and Techniums. Trophy XL Tyee reels and Medium/Heavy Trophy XL rods in good shape. Reels were serviced by Pacific Angler in 2020 and haven't been used since. PA also swapped the drag springs with MR2s so there's no backlash. Reels have...
  6. R

WTB - Suzuki DF140 Lower Unit

Looking for a lower unit for my 25" 2005 Suzuki DF140. Any leads on a used/new unit would be appreciated.
  7. R

Ship Stuck off Stanley Park!

The harbor keeps producing more landmarks! A bulk carrier ship appears to be stuck off Stanley Park, according to CityNews listeners. Locals spotted the ship near the Lions Gate Bridge. Caller Peter Black saw the ship from Ambleside Park and says it was still upright, but was turned sideways...
  8. R

Petition-Save the IFS

Please sign and share if you’re concerned about the interior Fraser steelhead run and the health of our fisheries. https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-3676
  9. R

Dash Cams-What Is a Good Buy?

Installed a Garmin mini on my truck less than a year ago but it decided to pack it in yesterday. I’m shopping for a product that has good resolution and hopefully lasts longer than the previous one. Not interested in big brand names unless there’s a goos reason to spend more $$. There are a...
  10. R

New Fisheries Minister

Another BC MP is now appointed as the head of DFO. Joyce Murray becomes Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard. Not that it really matters, but what do we know about the new minister? Is she going to repeat the same agenda as Wilkinson and put her political career ahead of...
  11. R

WTB Drop Curtain

Looking for a drop curtain for my Campion 542-newer hull model. if someone has one from the old boat that’s sitting in the garage, I’d be interested. I’m on the mainland. Long shot, I know. But I thought I’d post here before getting someone to custom build one for me. Most upholstery placed...
  12. R

Garmin Kicker Autopilot - Throttle Linkage Issue

I’m installing a Garmin Reactor 40 on my Suzuki 9.9 EFI and noticed that the throttle actuator that comes with the kit isn’t compatible with my kicker. After talking to Garmin’s tech support, they’re recommending a separate throttle linkage kit ($150 US extra). I did a bit of research and it...
  13. R

Free - Trailer Taillight Converter

Curt taillight converter - converts 3-wire vehicle wiring to 2-way trailer lighting. Comes with the wiring kit. Brand new not opened. Pick up in Coquitlam. Part numbers 57146, 55151
  14. R

Free - Boat Cover for 16-18’ Boat

Storage cover for 16-18’ boats. This was last used for a 16’ boat with outboard at our cabin. Sold the boat and don’t need the cover anymore. There’s a small damage to the rear part on the starboard side that’s been repaired. Other than that it’s in a good shape. pickup in Coquitlam.
  15. R

What Do You Do With Leftover Cured Bait?

For the weekend warriors like myself, how do you guys keep your leftover bait if you’re not fishing them for a week or so? If cured with salt, I move to a container and put in the freezer. Then I move to the fridge 24hrs before my next trip. They usually look a bit too dry at the beginning but...
  16. R

Kids Life Jackets - FREE

2 kids life jackets in very good shape 27-41Kg Pick up in Coquitlam
  17. R

Air Fryer Tips and Recipes

Recently bought a Tfal air fryer and did a couple rounds of chicken nuggets and fries. Followed the instructions line by line but the outcome was just Ok. I was hoping that people could post their recipes and tips on this thread. I had heard that air fryers are a game changer and every chicken...
  18. R

WTB - Magma Grill Scotty Mount

Looking for the Scotty rod holder mount for a Magma grill. Please PM me if you have sitting around in your garage. ;)
  19. R

Connecting VHF Radio to Sonar

I am going to install a new VHF radio on my boat which comes with the built-in GPS tracking function and antenna for the DSC callings (ICOM-M330G). I already have a Garmin 942Xs which can be connected to a VHF radio through a NMEA connection. The shop that sold me the VHF didn't see any...
  20. R

DFO Seized 250 Illegal Traps in English Bay

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/free-divers-illegal-crab-traps-vancouver-1.6017308
Back