Search results

1. Seafever

Is It Legal To...

Mount an aftermarket car GPS unit on the inside of the windshield or mount it on top of the dashboard in British Columbia? Also Alberta..?
  2. Seafever

How Fast Do You Run Your Tubby Plugs?...and also..

Curious as to how fast you run your 4 or 5 " Tomic Tubbies compared to regular plugs.. Also just wondering if PowerPro downrigger braid (or similar braid products) lose their smooth coating over time and then create more blowback. I've been told when running plugs "If you think you're going...
  3. Seafever

How Do You Rig Your Strip Heads?

I used a Siwash with a swivel on these just like in the mini teaser thread. 30lb test leader. Should I ditch the swivel and go with a salmon or treble hook or is it o.k.?
  4. Seafever

How Do You Rig Your Mini Teaser Heads?

I have some of these tiny strip heads. I rigged them with 25lb leader about 6ft long. I used a small Siwash hook with a swivel so the hook can rotate. Not sure if the swivelled Siwash is a good idea. Also the instructions say 25lb test leader but to me that's a tad light. What do you do?
  5. Seafever

Durabait....where to buy now?

Where on Van Isle do they sell the complete line of Durabait products? The Durabait website isn't helpful at all...
  6. Seafever

P.A. Derby Moved?

Not at Clutesi Haven this year but over the other end of town by the Quay? Sounds like parking will be tight...
  7. Seafever

16 to 20ft All-welded Alum. Hull Choices..

After reading another thread it's obvious that not all welded hulls are created equal in terms of deadrise, types of V, wave-handling capability etc etc etc. So..16 to 20ft all welded aluminums only...what's your choice and why?
  8. Seafever

D/ball Question...

Anybody know who sells or where I could get a 12lb cannonball that looks like the one in this pic. It has a thicker rudder on it. I like these because they don't accidentally bend unlike the normal ones you get around with the thinner rudder. I've seen lots of fifteens with this thicker rudder...
  9. Seafever

What Kind Of Fishfinder For..

Being able to see downrigger balls at depth? Brand? Power? Currently using a Lowrance Elite 4-X. Not bad unit for the money and what it does but...
  10. Seafever

Fuel/Water Separater Question..

Yamaha, on their site, says that ALL their 4-stroke outboards should have one. I don't run Yamaha but I do run 4-strokes. However....mine connect to portable gas tanks (the newer pressurized tanks). The tanks come off the boat when I get home. Have you personally rigged that type of filter...
  11. Seafever

Yamaha Lightweight 25hp Fourstroke...?

Yamaha makes a 25 horse 4-stroke that is quite lightweight. (It's a 2 cylinder) 130 to 140 lbs.(Depending on options) Do you own one of these? How do you like it?
  12. Seafever

VMC Open-Eye Siwash...Where?

I want to buy some VMC open-eye siwash hooks in size 3/0, 4/0 and 5/0. They are the kind that have a sort of light grey finish on them and are lighter than stainless. They also have a slightly smaller eye. Anybody know where to buy locally? (Van Isle).
  13. Seafever

10ft. Aluminum, Oars & Electric Motor for sale...

Ten foot aluminum boat. Does not leak. Oars. Minnkota electric motor. Think the push power is around 25lbs. Works good . Trolls good for trout etc. Sold as set. Won't separate. $450 Cdn. for the lot. No lowballers. Will not take lesser offer. Phone 250-752-1563 Qualicum. Update:-Boat...
  14. Seafever

8 inch Flashers...

Anybody here use the smaller 8 inch Hotspot-type flasher for spoons instead of the 11 inch? If you do..what leader length? Not talking about using them for hoochies.
  15. Seafever

If You LIve In Victoria...

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to how much havoc construction on the McKenzie Interchange is creating for traffic coming from up island into Victoria and also if there any problems when you come from up island and want to get to the Victoria airport... Thanks....
  16. Seafever

Play In Swing-Arm..

There is some play in this swing-arm..where the bolt goes through the hinge. If I move the front part of the tongue up and down it is getting a little bit sloppy. The other side takes a pin so not much can do there. If I tighten the bolt up lots then the tongue may not swing freely. Got any...
  17. Seafever

Mysterious Holes In Lawn..

Every so often (including today) I go out on the back lawn in the morning and there are holes all over the place. Not very deep and not all that wide. Like the lawn has been pulled up like a chunk of carpet. Say about up to 10 inches round by 2 inches deep. Don't have a trailcam yet so can't...
  18. Seafever

16 to 18ft Allwelded Aluminum Boats.....Opinions?

There are all kinds of boats around here ( Van Isle) in that class for sale. Such brands as Hewes, North River, Lifetimer, Alumaweld, Silver Streak, Kingfisher etc etc etc etc. and others. In your opinion, which of these (any brand you can think of that is sold in these parts) is the best...
  19. Seafever

12lb. Cannonballs....that weigh 12lbs.

Anybody know where you can get c/balls that actually weigh 12 lbs. around Parksville/Qualicum area? Lots of places around here sell 12lb balls...but when I weigh them with my digital scale none of them actually weigh that much ( and you are paying for 12lbs). They range all over the place in...
  20. Seafever

How do you "quote" somebody here?

Most sites I go on have a "quote" button so you can respond to a person's post by quoting them or quoting certain lines in a reply. I see that it is done here on SFBC forums. But I can't find the quote button or anything like it. Please enlighten me. Thank you.
Back