Search results

1. Seafever

Horrible Horgan

As far as "fast ferries" go:- We got fast ferries back in the NDP days because we the people wanted faster ferries and were always griping about how to get across to Vancouver faster. Since the NDP of old we've talked endlessly about building a bridge or bridges and many a "fast" ferry ( but...
  2. Seafever

Is It Legal To...

Thanks. Not too impressed with suction cups, bean bags or vent clamps. Looking for another option. I have an idea that I visualized. May need a few parts from this place or a source like it. https://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&page=full&--eqskudatarq=244
  3. Seafever

Is It Legal To...

Nope. Not a troll. In California I read it was. I don't look into other people's vehicles when I'm driving.
  4. Seafever

Is It Legal To...

Mount an aftermarket car GPS unit on the inside of the windshield or mount it on top of the dashboard in British Columbia? Also Alberta..?
  5. Seafever

Durabait....where to buy now?

I get them confused. Yep. Baitrix. I think they both made imitation strip though..
  6. Seafever

In the summer I didn't get any fish with the Durabait that looks like a baitfish. May have been my fault because you have to get those to roll nice just like any other bait rig. However the one pictured below seemed to turn them on in clear head. (Green head:- no) Pretty easy to rig...then...
  7. Seafever

Help with fish ID

O.k....well I.D. this. I know what it is. Do any of you?
  8. Seafever

2017 Chinook Salmon - how was your season ?

Thanks for confirming that a bigger boat will catch bigger fish. I've been trying to convince my wife of this all summer.:D
  9. Seafever

How Fast Do You Run Your Tubby Plugs?...and also..

Did the motor in your two-belter actually die? Or did it just get slower and weaker?
  10. Seafever

I used to use hand-crank riggers off F.C. years ago. But there we often go 200 ft or more. Handcranking from those depths gets old really quick. Especially when you get a popped line. Just get your gear down to 200ft and then line pops for some reason. So you hand crank up,reset, and then...
  11. Seafever

You would think a rigger with two belts would be stronger than one with a single belt. I personally have never seen an older two-belt rigger. Mine has one. I seemed to get deeper when my Power Pro d/line was new and shiny. Now it's kind of faded and lost some of it's luster. The angle of the...
  12. Seafever

Mine are single belt. I actually took them apart a while back and replaced the screws that hold the idler adjuster wheel in place with bolts so it won't slip out of adjustment. You can't see the nuts on the other end of the Phillips head bolts here..but they are there. Also put new belts on...
  13. Seafever

Curious as to how fast you run your 4 or 5 " Tomic Tubbies compared to regular plugs.. Also just wondering if PowerPro downrigger braid (or similar braid products) lose their smooth coating over time and then create more blowback. I've been told when running plugs "If you think you're going...
  14. Seafever

Australian's make some cool aluminum boats

There was a place in Nanaimo that was selling Aussie boats for the longest time. Don't know if they are still there. Was just across from the ferry terminal.
  15. Seafever

Fish And Seeing Colours.

I think lure color is area specific and also water-color specific. Chartreuse lures have never worked much at all where I fish. Although I'll give a nod to the Chartreuse body flasher with prism tape both sides or HotSpot version at times. Lures that look a certain way in 40ft of water are...
  16. Seafever

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Out yesterday during the day out front of F.C. after lunch around White Door area. Got a 12lb Chin and a 6 lb Pink. Had one on that broke my leader. (30lb test). Caught a few "near legals" ( released). Lots of drive-by hits. All in shallower water inshore 130ft deep or less. Lure depth 30ft...
  17. Seafever

How Do You Rig Your Strip Heads?

I used a Siwash with a swivel on these just like in the mini teaser thread. 30lb test leader. Should I ditch the swivel and go with a salmon or treble hook or is it o.k.?
  18. Seafever

Never heard of Alpine...where are they? And is Durabait out of business now and it's just whatever old stock out there is being sold off?
  19. Seafever

How Do You Rig Your Mini Teaser Heads?

I have some of these tiny strip heads. I rigged them with 25lb leader about 6ft long. I used a small Siwash hook with a swivel so the hook can rotate. Not sure if the swivelled Siwash is a good idea. Also the instructions say 25lb test leader but to me that's a tad light. What do you do?
  20. Seafever

Where on Van Isle do they sell the complete line of Durabait products? The Durabait website isn't helpful at all...
Back