Search results

1. S

2022 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Went out Saturday, Mission Point to just past Sargeant bay, lots of bait balls on the sounder. Ran into two humpbacks, and two orcas and pulled up what looked like a big dogfish, similar brownish color but didn't have stingers. It was over 44 inches. Google suggests it was a catshark. Anyone...
  2. S

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished the bell and the hump today. One undersized, and had one good fight that didn't stick.
  3. S

Vanier Launch parking

Hey folks I heard from Sev, the manager of commercial operations at the parks board and if you had a Vanier seasonal pass last year, you should be able to get refunds from HonkMobile due to the launch being closed. I highly encourage you to do this, because HonkMobile is pure garbage, they are...
  4. S

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Here's what I did/am doing; - Pulled out the floor and float foam. - Had some cracks welded where the frame contacts the plate - had to take it off the trailer (hit a deadhead last year). - Pulled up the old carpet, and removed old carpet glue from interior. - Fixed the kicker that wouldn't...
  5. S

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Same. The females seem to better, in my opinion. They smoke reeeeallly well.
  6. S

Coho retention; areas 28 and 29-5

Looks like Hatchery Coho are open in 29-10, and between 28-1 to 28-7 and 28-9. I've triple checked the app and the website directly. Does anyone have conflicting info?
  7. S

Boat Launches Open/Closed

I just got the same response from Sev:
  8. S

Yeah that was my first launch there, and I avoided the sandyhump. I'm going to try and never use that place again. The butcher is right, launches seem to showcase the lower end of the intelligence spectrum it seems, however when you couple that with the sketchy conditions, it's a recipe for...
  9. S

The dock was completely full of returning boats yet the pylons kept dropping their huge boats, and boatercycles in without letting the returning boats come up (3 at the dock and two in the water floating). Specifically this one short little jabroni with a wakeboard craft (and no wakeboards...)...
  10. S

Meeeee! I'm itchy and I'm not allowed to scratch!
  11. S

Coated Downrigger balls?

I've used these glow coated balls from a fella off of Craigslist and to be quite honest, I have had them for I think 4 years now and not a single one of them has any signs of the coating coming off. My balls are all dented and banged up too. I'm astonished at how well the coating is holding...
  12. S

Ahhh...so that's why my riggers were bouncing so hard and I lost a dozen cannon balls!
  13. S

Halibut...I wish! Never caught one unfortunately, been on the chuck for about 10 years, but only local. Might go try to figure it out this year somewhere. Not sure where yet. Uculet maybe? My inbox is accepting suggestions, lol. I hope your ling was in season, be a shame to have to put it...
  14. S

They certainly were not pollock. I often catch them as well (will keep for ling bait in the future...thx for the tip) and you are correct...I usually get the pollock in the spring but these were, without a doubt...greeling! This is why I mentioned that I found it odd. They shouldn't have...
  15. S

I got this Direct from the Manager of Commercial Operations (Lot 71 is the Easy Park lot for the vehicle and trailers):
  16. S

Was at hump on Saturday, no keepers but oddly I picked up two greenlings 150 feet down in 500 feet of water. Noneltheless - watch out for rolling boat launch closures coming up! Vanier launch is open for the pickup of boats but the lot is closed until further notice.
  17. S

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Gents..anyone out today? If so, has the water cleared up at all yet? Also...how's the obstacle course?
  18. S

Does anyone know how the plankton bloom is doing? Is the water still murky?
  19. S

I have seen that dude numerous times over the last couple years. He gave me a couple of sweet DFO bags for my catches. He also takes scale samples from time to time.
Back