Search results

1. SprinterX

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Cowan to Worlcombe Island today. Managed to get a feisty little 9 lber to the net before it spit the hook and was gone. Irish Creme @ 83'. Only saw one other net out around Tunstal in the am.
  2. SprinterX

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was there 10- 2:45 today. Probably 25 boats out. Searched and searched 30' - 90' with anchovy and the odd spoon but nothing but little shakers for us. Saw one guy land one but that was it. Wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  3. SprinterX

Went out to SH this morning at 10ish. Planned to fish till the slack in the afternoon but with 20kt NW the water was way to rough for our little boat. What was I thinking. No other takers out there either. Back to the dock for a few cold beverages and enjoy the sunshine.
  4. SprinterX

2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Having withdrawals no doubt. Sounds like Epsom has fish too. Teresa and I fished the Pender Bluffs Friday & Saturday. Found a little bait and could only land a undersized chinook so back it went.
  5. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

We found bait further out in about 250-300' Friday if that helps. Riggers 40-80', but will try a little deeper based on "Salted" report.
  6. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Fished Friday 2-6pm. Only one chinook to the boat but too small and back it went. Found bait in the water and tried lots of gear but old faithful Irish Cream glow did the trick at 53'. Will hang some rods again today on our way to Ganges.
  7. SprinterX

Slow day for us. 09:30 - 15:00. Tried a lot of depths, spoons, hoochies and bait. Had one took the belly from over chovy. Saw one fish landed.
  8. SprinterX

All geared up and heading out to sand heads this morning. Fingers crossed and report to follow. Cheers
  9. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Thanx for the replies guys. Don't quite understand the silence or secrecy. We're all just trying to enjoy the sport so why not share or pass it forward. Thinking about coming over for the Sept long w/e. Any other places around the area where we might enjoy some successful fishing. Thanx again guys.
  10. SprinterX

What channel are ppl using out there?
  11. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Sounds like the Bluffs are dead. No body fishing there anymore?
  12. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

I hear you RC. Fished for about 3 hours Saturday, 12 - 3. Saw some other boats out there but no nets. Bait deep in the water but zilch for bites.
  13. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Bummer to hear this lack of fish around Pender. Was going to be there Friday, Saturday and hoping to get something for dinner. Will be cruising north from there, any ideas where the fishies are?
  14. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

@ SSIREELACTION - will do. Looking to be out there before 10 till after 1. I'll be in a 30' Bayliner express cruiser.
  15. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Thanx doryman53, I look forward to hearing back what you find. Either way I'll be giving it a try on the Friday morning, afternoon as we head up to Ganges for the long weekend.
  16. SprinterX

Quick trip out to the T10 Tuesday mid day in a buddies little 17 footer. Saw bait and tossed back a shaker at 88' on an Irish Cream. Weather picked up so we had to head back in.
  17. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Thanx for the update Salted. I'll keep checking back here till we head over. Hoping to have the wifey land her first fish on this trip.
  18. SprinterX

2016 Pender Bluffs

Heading over to Bedwell and the bluffs for the July long weekend. Looking for any recent updates on how the fishing is going?
Back