Search results

1. Chasin' Baitman

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Does sand heads fish better on one tide or can you fish it both?
  2. Chasin' Baitman

2019 Gulf Island Reports

Might try to get there myself if the wind allows (coming up from Saturna)
  3. Chasin' Baitman

2019 Gulf Island Reports

Here's the fishery notice covering area 29: https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=223933&ID=all Strait of Georgia - South and Juan de Fuca - Portions of Areas 18, 19, Subareas 20-5, 29-3 to 29-5 and 29-8: - 00:01 hours August 1 to 23:59 hours August 29...
  4. Chasin' Baitman

2019 Gulf Island Reports

Here's a link to a PDF of that map. http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/co-chq/18-19-20-chq-eng.pdf Does anyone know if there's a similar map for area 29 and north? The note says "Refer to Area 17, 20 and 29 Public Notices" but that route isn't yielding much info. Is cable...
  5. Chasin' Baitman

Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

Who was pressuring DFO to shut down chinook and what were their main arguments? Also, what user group (historically) has the largest impact on the fraser stock of concern?
  6. Chasin' Baitman

Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

That's a good point and I 100% agree with you. When I said US I should have said WA. Alaska is a huge thorn in both of our sides because they (for some reason) wield the most political clout when it comes to fishing policy. They seem immune to any kind of harvest reductions whether they be...
  7. Chasin' Baitman

Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

I know this is a troll post, but... I'm one of those americans that comes up and pillages your waters. If I buy the full license package it's about $400US. Last year I punched 4 chinook, and I C&R everything I catch on the chilliwack. Secondly, fair to say most of the marked fish you're...
  8. Chasin' Baitman

Call to Action – Help Save BC’s Public Fishery

That's pretty bad. I wonder if there will be knock-on effects on other species due to higher than normal pressure on them. People are still going to fish.
  9. Chasin' Baitman

I'm an outsider in this discussion, but I would think businesses who primarily serve saltwater recreational fishing in the affected area(s) would have a leg to stand on when making a claim for buyout dollars.
  10. Chasin' Baitman

I'm just a lurker here but I do have a question... Would "Option A" mean no fishing for chinook, or no fishing for ANY salmon?
  11. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

I'm totally down with red rocks, tasty! Thanks RC!
  12. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

Can anyone point me to some good crabbing options in the Sidney/Bedwell Harbor area? It would be good to pull up a trap or two after a day of getting skunked. Though with my luck recently, there'd be nothing in it! :P
  13. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

Trolled all day yesterday at coal and fairfax. Not a single sniff :( one guy said he hit a small legal at fairfax.
  14. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

Moresby was a desert today, but you can't beat the weather
  15. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

I used herring (his belly was also jammed with herring)
  16. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

Way to hold on! Those seals really tire ya out ;)
  17. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

I didn't. It measured 35". I'm guessing 20-22#
  18. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

something like that ;)
  19. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

Hooked into this nice bruiser yesterday. Fished both weekend days and ended up with 3. Did try for halibut a bit on the soft incoming saturday but no love. Seems like there were more boats out hali fishing than salmon, I assume because of the slow tides. Great weekend to be out either way!
  20. Chasin' Baitman

2016 Sidney

Gonna head over that way this weekend. I have a couple ebb spots, but where's a good spot to hit on the flood? I'm thinking the NE side of coal island, but that's just a guess based on looking at a map.
Back