Search results

1. Catch 22

Campion explorer 542 diesel heater install

Looking at possibly adding a diesel heater to my 2005 campion explorer 542. Has anyone done this on a 542 before? If so, where did you install all the components, as space is limited. Also, what worked well with the install locations for the heater unit, thru hull exhaust, fuel tank, vents and...
  2. Catch 22

Campion 542 prop help

I put a 17 pitch aluminum ( around $300’ish at GA checkpoint) on mine this past year. If you are going out with 3 or 4 people ( kids are big now! ) and gear etc the 19 pitch is a tough hole shot. The 17 seems better for overall performance, gets on plane a lot quicker. With the 19 pitch...
  3. Catch 22

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The 542 is self bailing, not sure if the older one is as well.
  4. Catch 22

ISO: Campion aft seating backrests

Call The campion factory in Kelowna, they will sell them to you
  5. Catch 22

Nootka accommodations

I stay at critter cove. We rent a small floating cabin there each year.. They have fuel, a restaurant and it’s not too expensive, caters to people with their own boat. https://crittercove.com/
  6. Catch 22

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/234460610774896/ Not mine. ‘99 Mirage boat with newer Yamaha 150 outboard
  7. Catch 22

Campion 542 Thoughts

I have had a 542 for 5 years now and we (family of 4) are extremely happy with it. It has a Yamaha 150, trim tabs, and wash down. Fuel bill is reasonable! I have had no issues with it at all. No pieces of fiberglass falling off! I had to put a new canvas on it and got it from campion in kelowna...
  8. Catch 22

Boat launch for fireworks

are there any public or private (marina) boat launches that would be ok to use for the fireworks in Vancouver. I've looked but they seem to have their gates locked up at 10pm.
  9. Catch 22

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just got back from Nootka. Fished 2 days, Saturday and Sunday. All on the inside, right out front of the lighthouse. White glow hootchie was a winner, 66' - 80' on the down-rigger. 3 guys on board and we got our spring limit both days and it didn't rain on Sunday! Great time. Stayed at critter...
  10. Catch 22

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Any reports from the Sandheads
  11. Catch 22

Air Bag install

Dales Auto in Surrey will instal
  12. Catch 22

Deep Cycle Vs. Starting Battery

Costco. Series 27 $130. I have 2, no issues. I run 2 dowriggers, gps/ fishfinder, stereo all day. My kicker doesn't charge and I'm able to start main at the end of the day on that same battery. 2nd is there as a backup. I have a switch.
  13. Catch 22

Yamaha propeller sell or trade

Interested. Will PM
  14. Catch 22

best place for a new Kicker (Yamaha dealer???)

Ask Hurt Locker.. He just got a new one and was happy where he got it.. He's on the sechelt fishing reports a lot
  15. Catch 22

Hook sharpener

I got this hook sharpener at bass pro, less than $10. It has a groove on both sides.. works well. Picture attached.
  16. Catch 22

leader length

Anchovies ( and spoons) leader 5' to 6'.. Hoochies leader 2.5' to 3'
Back