Search results

1. S

2023 Ucluelet Reports

just came home last night, large swarm off coho showed up wya west into the bay heading towards flo is. Large amount of teenager or bigger springs off wya. Most boats that left early, were back done by 930. We were the last boat out as usual, got there around 10am, and we were done in 90...
  2. S

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Just back from 4 days in UKEE, here goes.. First day light rain became monsoon... We started fishing outside little beach, using skinny g's and herring aid spoons.. Rods barely down to depth and fishing starts. Started at 60 ft then down to 90. Continually hits from coho's and most I saw...
  3. S

2023 Ucluelet Reports

nice report. I am heading out tuesday for first 4 day trip, hopefully I can report back with a matching report.:p
  4. S

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

could I ask where island fires thread is?
  5. S

Commercial prawn opening date

Category(s): COMMERCIAL - Invertebrates: Prawn and Shrimp by Trap Subject: FN0562-COMMERCIAL - Prawn and Shrimp by Trap - South Coast / Fraser River - Areas 11 to 29, 111, 121, 123 to 127 - Coastwide Closure The commercial Prawn and Shrimp by Trap fishery will close coastwide for the balance...
  6. S

2023 Nanaimo Reports

thats a beaut... yum
  7. S

2023 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Category(s): COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Gill Net Subject: FN0547-COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Gill Net - Sockeye - Barkley Sound and Lower Alberni Inlet - Subareas 23-3, 23-4, 23-5, and 23-6 - Opening - June 13, 2023 This notice announces the opening of the commercial Sockeye Salmon fishery for gill nets...
  8. S

2023 Nanaimo Reports

ahh I see at very bottom it is Last updated: 2023-04-01 07:03:35 I was looking on mar 30th.. thanks...
  9. S

2023 Nanaimo Reports

curious, where is this reg about non retention in area 17? I have been checking notices and see all the other areas? but have not found anything about non retention..
  10. S

2023 Nanaimo Reports

FN 0225 2023 Prawn and Shrimp by Trap Season Opening The commercial Prawn and Shrimp by Trap fishery will open coastwide, until further notice, at 12:00 hours (noon) on May 15, 2023. This opening date is conditional on the final approval of the Prawn and Shrimp by Trap Integrated Fisheries...
  11. S

2022 Ucluelet Reports

just got back from ukee, real strong bite in the morning off little beach and out, wya doing very well all day. We got our limit in 90 mins and alot of charters were heading in or offshore at 10 am.. lots of boats from red can up to rocks off little beach.. ( by morning, I mean I am not...
  12. S

2022 Nanaimo Reports

getting nasty prawning? found this is fn0507 dated may 27th NOTE: Area 17 South: There have been numerous incidents of gear theft and vandalism; vessels cutting each other's gear and setting on top of one another. The volume of incidents has been overwhelming to the local fisheries office...
  13. S

When Do Commercial Prawners Start?

question now... so I have heard from a few that 5 days before the Commie prawn opening, that sporties have to stop prawning, yet in watching fisheries notices, I cannot find anything that says this??
  14. S

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

Wells Can in burnaby just past costco https://wellscan.ca/ has several different models and also services them there. Big supply of bags
  15. S

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

its the hyundai singapore, whats up , is the west coast ports are full, so it is easier and cheaper to anchor offshore to await space in Van or Seattle. I saw 5 anchored or drifting in hecate straits awhile back. I saw 4 giants in english bay for over 12 days, waiting for space. There are...
  16. S

2021 Ucluelet Reports

just back from 4 days Ukee, WYA was hot first day, fish all 18-22 lbs and mean, next 2 days, flat calm so went to rats nose for hali, got a 24lb spring at 135, a nice ling , no halis, as we couldn't get threw coho. Non stop hits. the would strike as soon as u clipped onto downrigger...
  17. S

2021 Ucluelet Reports

afternoon, I moved my boat to ukee yesterday, and did a few hours fishing . WYA point area had fish and decent size, Couple of dozen boats nicely spaced out, and the bite can one at high water and continued for a couple of hours, on one pass, we saw five boats all close to us with fish or...
Back