Search results

1. Hot-Streak

Best place in south island for Yamaha outboard service.

I used to get my servicing done at SG power and was pretty happy with their service/regular maintenance on my yamaha 90hp VMAX. Where in the Victoria/Sooke area do you fellow yamaha owners go for regular servicing? I am approaching my 1000 hour service interval. My friend has had mixed...
  2. Hot-Streak

For Sale - 3 in 1 Transducer for Lowrance or SIMRAD

I have a brand new, never used, never installed, wrapping/packaging still on 3-in-1 Transducer for sale. Market place Link for anyone looking to add downvision and side scan. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1489556678442438/
  3. Hot-Streak

For Sale - No Feedback Steering

For sale - No feedback steering (no steering cable, will connect to most current cables already on the boat) Price $200 Location Greater Victoria area No Feedback Steering for sale. Does not come with a steering cable but should connect to most current steering cables. It is a 1 for 1...
  4. Hot-Streak

New LiveSight Transducer - $800

Hello all, For sale - Lowrance LiveSight Transducer Price $600 Location Greater Victoria area Never used or installed. https://www.lowrance.com/en-ca/lowrance/type/sonar-transducers/livesight-transducer-with-mounts/
  5. Hot-Streak

For Sale - Lowrance FS 7 with NEVER USED 3-in-1 Transducer (CHIRP/Side Scan/Downview), Charts.

Hello everyone, Price $1000 Location Greater Victoria area The magical upgrade ferry blessed me so I am selling the following as a package 1) Near new condition, in box Lowrance FS 7. Used for about 1 1/2 years and is very good condition. New power cable (never installed) 2) Never used...
  6. Hot-Streak

Hali opens tomorrow 3 Feb 2024

Let the games begin! Subject: FN0084-Recreational - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon) - Halibut - Fishery Opening February 3, 2024 Effective at 00:01 hours February 3, 2024 until further notice recreational fishing for halibut will open coast-wide with the following measures in effect as noted...
  7. Hot-Streak

Any marine shops near the Vancouver/Washington border carry non-copper anti fouling paint?

I have to go to Richmond for an embassy event this weekend. I will be staying with friends in White Rock. Was thinking I'd go over to the US and get some paint for my aluminum boat. Is there a marine supplier near the boarder or withing reasonable distance that I could buy 1 gallon of...
  8. Hot-Streak

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

What is the best value for the money? Last summer as happens I did some solo fishing during the height of Chinook season. My current setup has a 6hp kicker tied by steering bar to my main and I steer by the wheel at the front. I did get a steering bar that lets me detach the bar quickly and I...
  9. Hot-Streak

Aluminum boat owners - What are you going to use for Antifouling bottom paint?

Aluminum boat owners - What are you going to use for Antifouling bottom paint? I am looking at redoing the Anti fouling on my hull in the spring. With Trilux II now unavailable and Trilux 33 not for sale in Canada, what are you fellow Aluminum boat owners using for Antifouling? The only ones...
  10. Hot-Streak

Sooke to beachy head - Cell coverage with new towers - Fido Vs Telus/Bell (koodo/Virgin plus)

Getting a new cellphone plan. Want to know if anyone has good reception with Fido between secretary and beachy head? I know rogers put up a few new towers from here to port renfrew. Black friday deals for cell phone plans start today. I'm currently with Koodo and noticed the cell coverage is...
  11. Hot-Streak

Miracle Beach fishing by kayak? Near Pacific playgrounds

Hello, I'm taking the family to a group camping trip for a bunch of my son's school/classmate's get together . We are camping at Miracle beach and I was wondering if its worth taking my kayak and some light gear to try and fish. I can't tow my boat as I only have a car (I would LOVE to do...
  12. Hot-Streak

Maybe dock fishing halibut will be come a thing? Woman gets 44lb hali at dock

Yep... this is the problem with "one last cast" ... sometimes it pays off.... then you always want another and another. 44 lb halibut off the dock... don't know till you try I guess https://www.cheknews.ca/i-couldnt-believe-it-vancouver-island-woman-catches-halibut-at-dock-1158767/
  13. Hot-Streak

Rescued a broken down boat and boater - some lessons learned.

Yesterday I helped out and towed in a boater who had broken down and was stranded floating off saxe point (Victoria waterfront) when his main motor broke down. He was lucky to be picked up by another boat outside the harbour and then I took him in tow inside the harbour back to a dock. Good...
  14. Hot-Streak

Small boat sunk off Saxe point. 2 people rescued by Pilot boat

A friend and I were out hali fishing down near pedder bay. The day started off pretty calm but then the winds came up and got nasty. We pulled anchor and headed back to the Victoria waterfront. On the way we heard a distress call on CH16. Report was of 2 people in the water after their boat had...
  15. Hot-Streak

Shout out to Lowrance/Navico and Harbour Chandler

I like to give out credit where credit is due. I run two sonar displays on my boat and one is a Ti2. One day I had a problem with my Lowrance Ti2 where the transducer stopped working. The head unit still worked but was acting buggy. I looked up possible issues and figured out it was a...
  16. Hot-Streak

Anyone using R-5 Rod holders for ocean salmon fishing?

Morning everyone, I was looking at the new Scotty R-5 Rod holders and they are apparently rated for light gear / 15lb test rods. I am wondering if anyone has used them for ocean fishing with the standard 10'6 salmon rods and 30lb test mooching reels. I am considering getting a set but the...
  17. Hot-Streak

Any one else go to that crazy fishing gear garage sale in Esquimalt today by the gorge?

I saw the add on Facebook market place and decided I’d drop by. I got there around 1015 and it looked like a scene from a disaster movie! People were going in all directions and grabbing stuff. I picked up a few odds and ends but I was more amused by the chaos of it all.
  18. Hot-Streak

What is lost... shall be found. Shout out to Foghorn fishing Charters

I just want to send a quick shout-out and thanks to Foghorn fishing charters. Set some traps out about 1 week ago the gear got washed out to sea in the strong currents. I had gone past the spot a few times again to see if it was near there and no sign of my floats. I figured they had got...
  19. Hot-Streak

NB 75 Scotchman for trade for smaller one.

Looking to trade for a smaller float. I know normally for a hali anchor system bigger is better.....but I want to know always store my float on the pod of my 18ft aluminum and would like to go down a size. Here is the NB 75 I currently have. I am using a 11lb claw anchor so this bouy is far...
  20. Hot-Streak

I made a special “ammo-box trolling BBQ” (for grilling while fishing) … you can too!

Since my “DIY cutting table” post was such a hit and someone on here asked me put more details about my home made bbq I made out of a 50 cal ammo can (case) I decided to make a post with detailed pictures. I use this when trolling for salmon or while at anchor for Hali. When trolling it is...
Back