Search results

1. Hot-Streak

2024 Sooke Reports

You are my kind of people. On my boat I keep all sorts of gear/lures for "just in case" (squid lure, sibiki rig and small jigging setup, dipsy diver in case my rigger fails etc)
  2. Hot-Streak

2024 Sooke Reports

I love that you carry a squid jig... "just in case" thats awesome
  3. Hot-Streak

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

I guess I was lied to.... money CAN buy happiness 😆
  4. Hot-Streak

I have been trying it out with the remote this week.... I don't know how I could ever go back to the days without it. I was on my boat with my wife, her friend and 3 kids, NONE of them helping me out or paying attention. I was able to run gear, steer the boat, set a route etc while fishing...
  5. Hot-Streak

Any marine shops near the Vancouver/Washington border carry non-copper anti fouling paint?

I didn't get Trilux but some other brand of bottom paint that works for aluminums. At the customs/boarder I was directed and said I just popped over to WA state for a quick run to a boating store. I said I went to get a special brand of boat boat paint because 1) It was on sale (which it was)...
  6. Hot-Streak

Blue seas ACR 7610

If still available I'm interested
  7. Hot-Streak

Scotty down rigger Spool Spacer ???

I'd get one... Not cause I need it... But because it's a cool idea. Also wouldn't it make retraval faster because of the larger diameter?
  8. Hot-Streak

Best place in south island for Yamaha outboard service.

I used to get my servicing done at SG power and was pretty happy with their service/regular maintenance on my yamaha 90hp VMAX. Where in the Victoria/Sooke area do you fellow yamaha owners go for regular servicing? I am approaching my 1000 hour service interval. My friend has had mixed...
  9. Hot-Streak

Sooke to beachy head - Cell coverage with new towers - Fido Vs Telus/Bell (koodo/Virgin plus)

I just switched my cell phone service to Public mobile for the free USA roaming. Now when I fish in sooke I can just use the US towers if I can't get a canadian signal. $34 50gig or $40 for 75gigs. I got the $34 plan. Free sim or eSim and no activation fee. Use my referral code and get extra...
  10. Hot-Streak

Sooke to beachy head - Cell coverage with new towers - Fido Vs Telus/Bell (koodo/Virgin plus)

The plan doesn't expire. As long as you don't change plans it stays the same. Also you can bring your own number with you.
  11. Hot-Streak

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

I have used and really like AP Tackle works spoons as they are made 2 minutes away from by boat club. I just had a look on West coast fishing tackle and saw that his spoons are copies of Gibbs and other popular spoons but made of stainless. I wonder how the paint holds up? The Gibbs skinny G...
  12. Hot-Streak

For Sale - 3 in 1 Transducer for Lowrance or SIMRAD

I have a brand new, never used, never installed, wrapping/packaging still on 3-in-1 Transducer for sale. Market place Link for anyone looking to add downvision and side scan. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1489556678442438/
  13. Hot-Streak

16’ Double Eagle Downrigger Install

Here are some pictures of how my last boat (16ft Double Eagle) had riggers set up. I ran 15lb balls off then fishing constance/victoria waterfront. under the base plate you can see a shim of wood on the outside dip in the gunnel. I also had large washers and a base plate on the underside. I...
  14. Hot-Streak

17 foot tinner salt water fishing

If I may, its not just about the size of your boat but rather also the deadrise/angle or how deep the V is and how suitable your boat design is for ocean conditions. That 16ft lifetimer is a well built aluminum boat built in Duncan and designed for ocean conditions. I had a 16ft double eagle...
  15. Hot-Streak

Maximum trolling depth with Scotty 1106

An alternate option is maybe try to drift with a 2lb ball on a tancom 750 reel?
  16. Hot-Streak

Traps left behind

I'll aways be happy to tow you should an unfortunate situation happen due to your batteries..... this way I can snipe your fishing spots.... hahaha (Just kidding of course)
  17. Hot-Streak

I've used my boat 8 times in one week before hahahaha but I'm out fairly regularly - year round. From taking 30 min for crabbing before and after work, to sand dabs with the kids.... Of course Hali and Salmon when in season. Heck I've caught a salmon on a lunch break and been back to the...
  18. Hot-Streak

For Sale - No Feedback Steering

Yes that's why I asked for it. My friend saw how mine was and installed it on his grady (cable steering) and it helped a lot with preventing torque steer. Fishing alon (or with a friend at the back) I just either steered it straight and it would hold or if I wanted to do a very slow turn I'd...
  19. Hot-Streak

For Sale - No Feedback Steering

For sale - No feedback steering (no steering cable, will connect to most current cables already on the boat) Price $200 Location Greater Victoria area No Feedback Steering for sale. Does not come with a steering cable but should connect to most current steering cables. It is a 1 for 1...
Back